Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Well first off the bad news...it's sad to see so little pro participation. Stick a fork in the series, it's dead. Other than local guys it was Raines, who won and Greer who got 3rd behand Wegner, Gallt got 4th. Being that I ride the 2 hour portion I was able to clean up and go watch the last hour so I did get to see Raines ride. :cool: He passed me once during my portion of the program and he was smooth and carried a great deal of momentum.

The 10.2 mile course was pretty cool,. I liked it and although it was a pulverized dust rut in the woods it was cool, had some challenges and neat man made obsticles. It got pretty beat up from both days but was fun any way. It did give lots of us guy arm pump for a while at first I guess form all the chop.

Turnout for Sunday was low, really low. My class was full with most of the usual suspects and a few I never saw before but being that they ran the teams and all the rest of the 2 HR program Saturday those guys left and many of the other classes the lines were pretty short at the starting area. Grant iron maned it and rode both days, he did really well both days. Had a bit of tough luck Sat as they ran it so long he ran low on fule on his last lap and had to slow down to finish and got passed other wise him and Dan Reed had a nice battle going for 3 laps.

I was all excited as I thought I won first place in D 14 SS class as well as first in the National B-SS but someone that has never rode our D 14 class, rode A-SS and took the crown from my head by 34 seconds. :pissed: Once I passed the first place guy in our class on the first lap I was just pushing to make sure he didn't get me back. Oh well, I got lots of points so that helped. I may end up going to Portland in October, have not decided, will decide after the Upland National Enduro.

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
Fred,

Great ride bud. You will get first place points for the day. Clair is a good friend of mine. He did not sign up for district points. He's a very good rider.....he spends his winters banging bars on the ice with some guy named Stanton.....and his son Corey ended up 7th overall. Being within 30 seconds of him is nothing to sneeze at dude. He just turned 60 and thought about doing the 60+ class...but elected not to.

I too was disappointed in the turn out...mainly for BC and their staff. They did a hell of a job with the facility and the track. I was there both Sat and Sun and they always had some type of grooming equipment and watering going on. Great job BC! I know that the OMA had something to do with the lack of Pro's in attendance.....but jeez.

Grant rocked. Being the top "B" rider on the day should have answered some of his questions about how competitive he'll be running a District A class. He beat some very fast A level riders yesterday! :nod:

It will take me a while on getting our District scores up. I will get lap times up shortly though.....no offense Fred! :nener: (I owe you one for the "new face" :) )

salgeek

Oct 2, 2003
Good ride Freddy/Grant. I enjoyed riding the Saturday course. \

Thanks for offering the no points senior class. I prefer to ride 2-hour and at least be somewhat competitive. Not a big deal.

Hat's off to BC/MC. :cool: :ride:

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Yeah I feel for BC club....

they had a lot of time and $$ invested in it and it's a shame about the turn out. Thanks for clearing that up about Clair, he smoked me the first lap and then held on, maybe one more lap and I would have had him.....I was mentally prepared to go 4 laps so when they dropped the white at 2 I was surprised. I almost kept going for another lap, I was still pretty fresh. Musta been the brownie I ate the night before.....listening DW?? :nener:

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
Agreed on it being a shame. Loads of folks missed out on a very well run race with a TON of goodies that were all being handed out! Free shwag is always a welcome bonus!

Where do you get the brownies? Bring an extra one for Portland, please? I could use one before going off on the front row!

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
The team battle was one of, if not the best battle out there. Kidner/Parrot 1st, Cooley/Cooley 2nd, Pennington/BJ Tomanek 3rd. 18 seconds apart at the finish...they battled and changed positions the entire race.

Look at the Saturday 2 hour race results. They were factored in with eveyone as an overall result. Like I posted on the site though....it will take me some time to figure out District finishing positions. You can't get points for both days..so it's my job to figure out who wanted what points for which day. Confused? Me too!

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
tdunn976 said:
Mark,
You seem to do well when your confused though.

Looks like he gets used to it being his normal state of mind, he's a functional confusional. I know it's not from hitting his head a lot though. :coocoo:

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
"Functionally Confused". I'm using that one Fred. I'll put it on my business cards.

Hey Fred T....give me a call please. I screwed up (imagine that)..(616) 291-6496. Wanted to talk to you prior to you seeing it. Thanks.

ChrisKring

Jun 20, 2006
What's the rule on breaking the course tape? I heard from multiple people that during the 2 hour class on Saturday that racers were bypassing the uphill log section on the first lap by blowing threw the tape. If this did happen, did people get DNF'd?

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
ChrisKring said:
What's the rule on breaking the course tape? I heard from multiple people that during the 2 hour class on Saturday that racers were bypassing the uphill log section on the first lap by blowing threw the tape. If this did happen, did people get DNF'd?

If it was in the Euro section, there was a line created to the left to go around the uphill burried logs. I was in the woods on Sat and saw some riders use this line....but it wasn't cutting the course or going under banners or tape. Can't think of another spot that it could have been. The course was 1/2 the legnth on Sat....still a little over 5 miles long.

The course was very well marked for both days and there was ample support out there. It's impossible to have someone at every corner looking for azzholes cutting course.

ChrisKring

Jun 20, 2006
Yam7M said:
If it was in the Euro section, there was a line created to the left to go around the uphill burried logs. I was in the woods on Sat and saw some riders use this line....but it wasn't cutting the course or going under banners or tape. Can't think of another spot that it could have been. The course was 1/2 the legnth on Sat....still a little over 5 miles long.

The course was very well marked for both days and there was ample support out there. It's impossible to have someone at every corner looking for azzholes cutting course.

Yeah, that's the spot that was described to me so disregard. I heard people were cutting the course rahter than taking an optional go around.

I was just hoping that the course cutting was stopped after Portland. The last 2 times I have raced it people were hacking off anywhere from a few feet to a quarter mile. Not much fun to come out to a race where people are cheating and you get put in a position where you need to decide to cheat or loose positions to cheaters.

I just wanted to make you guys aware that people were talking of it. Sounds like the problem is under control.

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
For what it's worth...that line was slower and kind of cumbersome to get to...but it avoided the uphill burried logs.

It would be nice if someone put grenades in the field at Portland....that way people wouldn't cut straight through corners. On the flip side....when the course (in that corn field) features a tight 90 degree corner with not a lot of room, and there's 4-5 guys infront of you that won't move, or worse and more commonly have crashed, where are you going to go?? Maybe making the corners wider with more sweeping corners would help cut down on the corner cutting?

Mr. Leathers? You listening? Your input?

09oneL

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 7, 2008
In my opinion PTR should burry barrels half way in the ground or use hay bales. Something other than the stakes. The stakes do not hold up and when they break it becomes a free for all.

I am the type of rider that will try for the inside line and I'll take out the stake with my fork leg. That is the reality of it. sorry :p

Top Bottom