railer

Nov 4, 2005
Any experience out there with Berik boots? My first impulse is to trust them, becuase RC wears them and I trust his opinion, but then again, his opinion might be biased due to large amounts of funding. I figured I'd turn to y'all since there was a recent poll on Astars and Gearnes.

The reason I'm asking is becuase I am going to be selling my old Fox Tracker boots because they started falling apart after 6 months of light use. Junk. Never again. I don't make very much money so if I have to spend 300 bucks on a pair of boots, I would like to make an educated decision. Thanks y'all!

Brian.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
You won't get a lot of feedback on those boots, not a lot of them out there, at least not yet.

I'm feeling bad for whoever buys your "falling apart, junk" trackers :p. Sounds more like they should go to the dumpster?

TxCr250

Aug 24, 2006
I can attest to the SG-10's, I just bought a pair and love them, but as for trusting RC's choice, keep in mind they are paying him to wear those boots. American corporate sponsorship = $. RC has a ton of talent and is a winner, they're betting on the same premise as "guilt by association" where as you, the consumer, would make the assumption that since he wears them and wins they must be good. Where as in here you have a ton of "average joe's" who aren't sponsored and have to dig into their pockets for the equipment they buy. You'll get an honest answer out of someone who spends thier hard earned $ on the products they use. Just my .02 (two cents)

railer

Nov 4, 2005
Yea, I did mention that his opinion may be biased which is why I asked about them on here. As for the "falling apart, junk" they will be good for a weekend warrior who is looking to get a cheap pair of boots that will suffice for the amount they use them.

JST122

Dec 29, 2005

Farmer John

T.C.F.<br>(tire changin' fool)
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 8, 2000
I have had the Berik OVS-Pro's.

Excellent boot with two caveats.

Start with the good.
Fit is good with lots of calf room. the later has always been a problem for me, & the Beriks fit without maxing out the straps.
They feel as though I could never roll my ankle. that is how solid the ankle support feels once bucled up.
Being made from 'roo hide instead of leather allows them to be extremely light for a high end boot. I did not think this would matter to me, that is until I went back to my SG-10's due to caveat #2.

The not so good.
Waterproof like flip flops. I have never before owned a set of boots that let in as much water as these...on the plus side, it seems to run out just as easily.
The soles blow. I tore through a set of soles in 6 weeks. I should be getting them back from the local cobbler with a set of Gaerne SG-1 soles this week.

Would I buy them again???
Would I buy them over a set of SG-10's???

honestly, I don't know. I have only had the Beriks for 2 months. maybe once I see hoe the rest of the boot holds up I will be better set to make that decision.

Top Bottom