WALKMAN

Oct 11, 2000
I have a 240 kit on my 96 200 and its a rocket. I can't vouch for what it was like in it's stock form as I bought it already modified. So far so good! Just curious, How much are the big bore kits going for?

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
DRN 101

Please do some searches on the subject. There have been numerous threads just recently talking to quite an extent about bore kits for the 200, impressions, how they work etc.

225 kit from mr. gorr: $400 (more than a big bore!)
240 LA sleeve (no nicosil): don't know.

MARC

May 8, 2002
like the old saying goes, theres no substitute for cc's. The guys who want to go faster after doing all the other tricks will ineviteably go to larger displacement, i.e. big bore kits. If you dig around you should find plenty of people doing it. Im also a snowmobiler up here in MN and big bore kits are quite popular. If you do go big bore, dont go the sleeve route, have the cylinder bored and re-plated instead. much better deal because the heat transfers out of the cylinder much better and the bore is much harder and resistent to damage in case you burn it down.

for

Feb 20, 2002
I've got a 240 mate. There's a bit of a discussion about the 240 on this thread

I don't know if I'd recommend it either. It really is pushing the design limits of the engine. Some people down here reckon that the 240s don't run properly and overheat and sieze, but I suspect that it's because of poor jetting as much as anything.

The iron bore is not such a bad thing, I've realised, as it allows for cheap rebores (just had one done -- 1st oversize and two or three left).

It's up to you. My bike is very gutsy indeed, but how it stacks up next to a similar bike without the big bore, I just couldn't say. I'd advise putting your money into other performance mods first, then, if you're still not satisfied, think about a big bore.

Craig

tbank55

Oct 11, 2001
Thanks for the feedback. I've already done all of the bolt on stuff and carb mods. Just looking to get a little more umph! when I twist the throttle. Of all the feed back looks like EG will get to do a 225 kit with a nice port and polish.

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
follow the 225 EG treatment up with the RB-Designs carb modification. You will not be sorry.

Top Bottom