lub997

Oct 3, 2006
Does anybody know if a front wheel from a 1969-71 Yamaha DT1 or an RT1 will bolt right onto a CT1 front fork without any trouble, or is there a better way to go about puting a 21 inch front rim on my CT1? I hate having an 18 inch front wheel because there is not very good tire selection available for 18 inch front wheels in offroad tires, so I want to convert it to a 21 inch front rim. I'm thinking about buying a DT1 or RT1 complete front wheel off of ****, but don't want to waste the money if it's not going to work on my CT1. Does anybody have thoughts on this?

kingbrian

Jul 20, 2006
i had a 1970 ct-1 175 that i put a dt front end on i believe it was around a 76 dt i think.. i did it for the travel as well because the ct was a great bike minus the 2 inches of fork travel. (sarcasm, it had to have been atleast 4 inches)

lub997

Oct 3, 2006
Would an RT1 triple tree fit a CT1 frame? I found a 21" RT1 front end on the internet that I'm talking to the seller about buying, but I want to make sure it will fit the CT1 frame. I don't want to spend a bunch of money for something that won't fit.

pryor

Oct 21, 2006
Yes it will fit I had one on my ct 1 for awhile, kinda heavy but worked good. I now use forks front wheel and triple clamp from a 1975 mx 175 this combo works real good.

John Harris

Apr 15, 2002
Way back when, we had a CT-1 with aftermarket forks and a 21" wheel. Sure made a nice combination. Rode like a different motorcycle with the better forks and the 21" front wheel, and we kept it several years through several "replacements" because everyone liked it so much. Cheers John

Top Bottom