Bike blowing alot of smoke for the first three gears on the first ride

Vaulta

Jan 19, 2004
I have 99 KDX200 and everytime I first start the bike, let it warm up, get on it. I get a ton of smoke coming out when I take off, the bike and throttle are weak with tons of smoke until it all blows out about till third gear or about 10 seconds of fast accerlation. Then its fine and revs great and clean. Is this a jetting problem???thanx

sick 96 250

Damn Yankees
Jul 16, 2004
might not be warmed up enough, also it could be blowing the extra oil out that was sitting in it since last ride. My bike does this occasionally also then clears up and runs fine. You may have a rh crank seal leak also but if it clears up after a little then i dont think it would be that. My buddies bike did the same for a while, when he would get on it it would shoot a ton of smoke out of it then clear up until he stopped and started again. It was because of a float problem, since it has been adjusted there has been no problems

Vaulta

Jan 19, 2004
tru,
yea I think your right, its from the oil sitting at the bottom. I have been busy lately and the bike has been sitting a little more then I have been wonting it to, probaly letting alot of oil settling.Thanx Sick

Top Bottom