bike carrier for back of truck?

KdxChode

Jun 18, 2001
Has anyone seen a device that mounts in the back of your truck to tie the bike down too? The front of my truck bed is rubbing all the paint off the cab cause of the flex when tieing bikes in. I have seen a bar that goes across the bed with tie down points on it and front wheel holders on it but can't find one. Anyone know of a manufaturer or website where I can get info and prices on them.

thanks

EBOD

Nov 1, 2001
I have a Motojack rack. It is cool, but if I had a pickup, I wouldn't be messing with anything like it (the whole point of having the pick-up bed is having a place to put your bikes/other toys).

I don't know about the bar you're talking about. I have seen some posts, however, about the "bike shoe." You might want to look into that.

Also, a couple of months ago, Dirt Bike magazine had a "hauling your bike" issue. I seem to remember that it had a section about cool anchor points and other similar items. Maybe you can dig up a copy of that (my wife chucks them after they've sit on the toilet for a couple of weeks).

EBOD

jdbrusch

~SPONSOR~
Nov 11, 2001
This may sound like a low-tech solution but I tried it a few years ago after actually popping the front of the bed off.Take 2 2x8's cut to the width of the inside of the box and stake them on top of each other horizontily to cover the front of the box,take 4 2x4's if you haul 2 bikes, and screw them verticaly on either side of the bike tires, this will also keep the front wheels from moving around, if you haul 3 bikes you can make up a small box in the middle that offsets the center bike back to clear the handlebars.You do not have to mount this to the truck since the front wheels of the the bikes hold the platform against the front of the bed, it just distributes the pressure against a more stronger support.When your finished riding just take it out of the bed and it in the garage or garden shed.I made mine from pressure treated lumber for under $15 and it has lasted 5 years.

KdxChode

Jun 18, 2001
Sounds like a good idea..I might try that one. I have alot of other things I would like to spend my cash on (like some gold valves and other goodies).

Top Bottom