justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Although the Tailgator suffered a broken spring which left us stranded for two hours, bswift threw his back out acting like a motohead and Lorin couldn't race the motocross race because he "felt a cold coming on" , Dirtweek was still fun for this Heartland Spode.
MX547 and TX246 had the perfect spot for us and were great to camp with. Motometal, Sandbagger as his friends call him, and his friend were fun to be around, as well as the Zimmermans. TX246 sitting on a log carrying on a conversation with the Zimmerman kids was great.
A special thanks to Julius Pleaser for loaning me his really clean, slick KDX for the night poker run. He had never met me and saw me taping a flashlight on the fender of the Gas Gas, which had a bad bulb, he walked up and said take my KDX. Super nice guy. Many thanks.
The Heartland Spodes were rescued on the way back home by a very generous guy, who went to his house, 45 minute drive, and brought back a spring for our travel trailer, then he put it on. When we asked him what we owed him he replied whatever you think. When Bswift handed him $70. he handed $30 back. There are still some good people out there.:)

Last edited:

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Originally posted by justql
A special thanks to Julius Pleaser for loaning me his really clean, slick KDX for the night poker run.
Clean? Slick? Well, it WAS dark already... I figured you would refuse to ride the ugly thing--especially with the handlebars lookin' like a pretzel. Glad to help.
I'd almost give ya the KDX for a couple more of those pork chops. ;)

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
mx547- You can pick a pair up at Dillards.
Julius-As far as the chops, you missed the steaks on Friday, Lorin really got a good scalled(sp) on them. That must've been before his cold.

Sniffle, sniffle.

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
here I sit in all my sorrow, trying to type one-handed while holding a box of kleenex in the other (albeit, with a sore wrist). MX547, that $20 was well spent, wish I knew of that deal before I hurt my wrist. Many thanks for letting me ride the bike. If you get a chance to look at the video that you took of me and TX246, you will see me reaching up during some of the bigger jumps and wiping my nose. I realize that it looks like I am pulling a tear-off (similar to RC), but I am actually nursing a cold. Now all I need is a pair of fuzzy slippers (similar to Justins poker run boots) and a robe to complete my mx gear collection. As to motometal\sandbagger, I am just thankful to be able to sit in such talented company outside the mx track. I didnt realize that the 3rd fastest guy in camp was right next to our trailer. Wait until I tell all my friends that I actually met Kevin Windham!

KC_BigDog_51

Mar 25, 2001
A special thanks to Julius Pleaser for loaning me his really clean, slick KDX for the night poker run. He had never met me and saw me taping a flashlight on the fender of the Gas Gas, which had a bad bulb, he walked up and said take my KDX. Super nice guy. Many thanks.
:)

Super nice doesn't even begin to explain how nice of a guy Julius Pleaser is. I kept commenting on how nice is YZ250F was and he kept telling me to take it for a spin so I did. After doing the double double all day on my YZ125 I figured it should not be any different on his 250F. I found out the hard way what you 4 stroke guys call engine braking as I was nose diving into the last bump on the double double and seeing my life flash before my eyes as I cartwheeled through the air OUCH!!! Still walking kind of funny. Thanks again Julius for the rides on the 250F and I still fell aweful about wrecking it.

You did help me decide on wether or not to buy a 4 stroke, I am pretty sure I will be mixing my gas for years to come!!

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Re: Re: Broken Spring, Bad Back and a Cold.

You can ask everyone that rode the night poker run about the really slow guy on a KDX. It was me. I just didn't want to hurt his bike. :D

JuliusPleaser

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Justql, You weren't any slower than I would have been, so that's a moot point. I still managed to hurt the bike. I just figured if you rode it and the bars didn't break, then it would be safe for me to ride it the next day. ;)

Big Dog, are ya feeling kinda gimpy today? Your endo was second only to BSwift's. I scored you at 7.9 and BSwift at 8.5.

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Did you notice if bswifts foot was straight on his dismount? He usually has a problem with that.:p

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
straight on his dismount?

The only thing straight on my dismount was my back hitting the last whoop! I never been so miserable with a smile on my face.:p The Doc' said to stay off the bike for a while, didn't tell hime I rode Saturday. :eek: Oh well, I'll heal up, suit up and ride again.

JuliusPleaser

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Did you notice if bswifts foot was straight on his dismount? He usually has a problem with that.:p
BOTH his feet were straight. I'm really sure of it, cuz they were both at eye level. :scream:

KC_BigDog_51

Mar 25, 2001
Originally posted by Julius Pleaser
Big Dog, are ya feeling kinda gimpy today? Your endo was second only to BSwift's. I scored you at 7.9 and BSwift at 8.5.

Man, I at least thought mine was a 9 but then again I did not see BSwift's dismount!! It felt like a 9 anyways. I was pretty gimpy Sunday morning when we headed home and the 6 hour drive sitting on my but did not help with keeping my back loose. I feel pretty good today as long as I don't sit around too much. I still can't believe I managed to get on my bike for the C class MX race and finished the heat and the main, it was only 30 minutes after my dismount. Some of those bumps were pretty painful but would do it again anytime!

The race was a blast except for the massive roost I was getting from Rayovac. On lap 2 he hit me with a softball size mud ball that hit me right between the goggles and I couldn't see a thing while going 4th gear wide open on the straight away under the spectater bridge. That was interesting trying to wipe that crud off at those speeds. Guess I better get some tear offs for next year.:)

Last edited:
Top Bottom