Senior KX Rider

Super Power AssClown
Nov 9, 1999
racerx

June 5, 2003

Stewart will not race Southwick

Racer X has learned that the battle between young and old will have to wait at least one more week. That's because 17-year-old defending 125 National Champion James Stewart will not go up against veterans Mike Brown and Ryan Hughes until at least the Budds Creek National (June 15). Stewart has been recovering from the broken collarbone he suffered at the season-ending Las Vegas Supercross, and had hoped to return this weekend for Southwick, the fourth round of the AMA/Chevy Trucks U.S. Motocross Nationals. But after some time back on the bike, Stewart decided that his shoulder was not ready for National competition - especially on a rough track like Southwick. This effectively ends Stewart's title defense - which was already a long shot at best, considering he had missed the first three rounds of the series. Make sure to check in and read Racerhead tomorrow for more details.

steve125

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
I guess he'll start his comeback a Budds Creek. I'll be there and so will Marcus Gunby :thumb:

CR_Racer

Oct 25, 1999
check out stewart getting ready for the outdoors http://www.transworldmotocross.com/mx/features/article/0,13190,456863,00.html if you ask me I think he is ready for southwick the kid is sick!! check out those insane speed whips.

zcookie49

Seven OUT!
Dec 21, 2000
Maybe I'll see you and Marcus at Budds!!!!! last time i saw K-dub there he whipped up everyone on the 2nd moto, Maybe Again....... :cool:

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
Originally posted by steve125
I guess he'll start his comeback a Budds Creek. I'll be there and so will Marcus Gunby :thumb:

me too :yeehaw: tickets in hand
Man I cant wait. I hope for once we get a dry weekend :thumb:

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
The video shows his frightening speed and accuracy. He will make children of both Brown and Ryno.

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
i was out at a local practise track today, there were loads of people hanging around next to my truck- i thought they had come to see me, but as it turns out, Bubba had just parked next to us, LOL.

one of the lads went over for a chat, i will see him at the pub tonight and see what bubba had to say. it was funny, loads of people on KX's kept turning up and getting his mech to set their sag and stuff- ive seen plenty of pros at our tracks, but that was the first time ive seen people going up and making a fuss.

he looked good on the track, but i held back a little since i didnt want to embarass him with my frightening speed and accuracy!:thumb:

steve125

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
This is marcus posting from steves pc-all i can say is bubba had better ride Budds after i have crossed the atlantic to see him.

BTW steve and linda have very kindly put me and my mum up for our stay-top bloke:)

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
Welcome to soggy Va., Marcus and Marcus' mum

TheGrinch

Nov 26, 2000
Originally posted by bclapham
....he looked good on the track, but i held back a little since i didnt want to embarass him with my frightening speed and accuracy!:thumb:

Very kind of you considering his fragile state at the moment. :) It could have been the straw that broke the cambels back.

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
Havent seen the HS track but we are +8.something inches above average on rainfall for the year. I think we are near 4 for the month and its only the 10th :eek:
But I'm sure most of the deep stuff will be at the bottom of the hills :)

Top Bottom