Bubba's BACK!! IN for Budds Creek!!

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
From racerxill.com

Here Comes Bubba!

Racer X has learned that James Stewart, the defending AMA 125cc National Motocross Champion, will make his 2003 outdoor debut at Budds Creek this weekend. Stewart has been out since breaking his right collarbone at the Las Vegas 125 Supercross back on May 4 - a full six weeks ago. He starts the series exactly 156 points behind leader Mike Brown with just eight races to go. Bubba has been staying in California and getting himself in shape and up to speed. If you recall, he dominated last year's event at Budds Creek with a 1-1.
-----------------

So... how do you guys think he'll finish? I'm going with top 3 one moto and top 10 the other moto for like 5th overall.

kiwi_925

Jan 29, 2001
Top 5 for sure. Will he have the number 1 plate on his bike?? They need to have the number 1 plates back on the bikes, and a parting shot, GO RYNO!!

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
I think Tuna is right... we'll probably see #259 just because of the Vegas/#1 plate/crash incident ;)

I'm sure Ryno's broken leg and Brown's not-so-hot finish last week has A LOT to do with Bubba coming back this weekend. The talk for the past few weeks was for him to return at Red Bud. All I'm asking for is to go into the Steel City Championship round with 3-8 guys all still within 50 points of the leader and alive for the title hopes!

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
He's been riding the mini class at Star West for the last couple weeks. He rode a KX 110 last Wedensday night and smoked everyone.

The races are held on the pee wee track so there are no big jumps. but he looks like he's recovered pretty well.

9r

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
I gotta send you one dollar already for his no show at Southwick don't I?
I'll hold it until the end of the season, that way you won't have to mail me my dollar when he wins the title again :)

super rat

Ass Clown at DRN
Mar 31, 2001
There is no way Bubba will win the title but I can see him winning the rest of the 125 motos. I think now is the time for him to get on the 250 rather than trying to come to grips with bigger bike on a SX track.

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
Nooo! Never say never.
Bubba will win the MX title this year!
Have faith!
Besides, I've got lots o money riding on this one :confused:

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
Man, I can't believe the conservative positions people are giving him. For the rest of the year, I'm guessing he'll go 1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,.....etc. No one else is even in the same league. Not even in the same world--hell universe.

He does not crash outdoors. His problem with overconfidence, IMO seems to rear its ugly head in SX. As RJ said, he's the most 'committed over the bar' guy he's ever seen. Fast as hell, but if he makes a mistake and has to correct anything, he's going down. But I don't remember him going down outdoors last year. Anyone else?

I was also having a thought yesterday--I think Honda will have Fonseca come out in SX on a 250 4 stroke, which is too bad for Honda. Because James will just plow his ass routinely, and it may not be a great showing for the bike. Will James ride a 250 thumper? :think:

jboomer

~SPONSOR~
Jan 5, 2002
I don't recall him ever crashing. It was mechanical malfunctions that kept him from matching Ricky's season. I don't think he'll move to a thumper. He's probably like Ricky, why change when you're the fastest guy on the track already. Too bad Ryno got hurt. I was curious as to how they would stack up against Bubba. They've (Ryno and Brown) have been winning be like 30 seconds or so, it seems they've stepped it up a little. I don't know that Ryno would be as easy to pass as Reed was. Hopefully he'll be in tip top shape after this break so we can see. Should be a great season to watch MX! Carmichael and Windham, hopefully Ryno and Bubba (at least a little bit)!

zcookie49

Seven OUT!
Dec 21, 2000
Hopefully it will be interesting at Budds , we have had 2-3 days of "monsoon style" thunderstorms..lots of water, the track should be pretty crazy, Ryno already said it was rutted up pretty severe.
In the latest issue of Transworld MX, they have a recent interview with Bubba, they asked him that if RC would have gone down to the 125's last year after wrapping up the title, would Bubba be able to beat him, Of course he was cocky in his responses stating he would cream him....

Top Bottom