cr250can

Feb 16, 2005
saw this on racer x today.
June 1, 2005

Bubba working out on a 450 today?

Racer X is tracking a report that James Stewart, fresh off an impressive runner-up ride aboard his Kawasaki KX250, is at Thunder Valley Raceway in Colorado today to put in some laps on Kawasaki's prototype KX450F. It is not known whether Stewart, who rode a KX250F in his last national of the 2004 AMA 125 Motocross Series, is thinking about riding the bike any time soon, or if he's just getting an idea of where the bike is for the 2006 outdoor season. What we do know is that he's out there right now, and so is the 450. Stay tuned—the outdoor nationals could be about to get even more interesting!

He won't be racing it this year as it is not an 05 model. :ride:

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
cr250can said:
He won't be racing it this year as it is not an 05 model. :ride:
I believe he could if he wanted to, because Kawasaki has not used it's "works bike" exemption yet.

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
The 4 stroke made a big difference for him last year. Lapped the field on it...no comparison, IMO.

john3_16

May 17, 2004
A CR250 2 stroke has holeshot 2 motos out of 4 this year showing the 2 strokes are plenty fast...I don't think a 450 will make up a 20 second gap.

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
He would win if he were on a yellow or red bike.... 2 or 4 stroke. Look at the results those bikes have brought to RC. :fft:

super rat

Ass Clown at DRN
Mar 31, 2001
nephron said:
The 4 stroke made a big difference for him last year. Lapped the field on it...no comparison, IMO.

I thought Bubba could beat RC even if he was on a 125? Seems like your tone has changed ever so slightly. LMAO!

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
super rat said:
I thought Bubba could beat RC even if he was on a 125? Seems like your tone has changed ever so slightly. LMAO!
must have meant if RC was on a 125 :rotfl:

i always wonder how come everyone says bubbas speed is unreal,insanely fast ,next level etc, yet he consistently gets the beat down :nener: by rc and rc speed beating him is nothing , if anything its just the bike :blah:
from what i understand its because he used to be cocky . i say oh well 99% of the haters would be too if they were in his shoes and deservedly so :moon:

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
nephron said:

At Glen Helen last year, Bubba rode the 250f. He did not lap the field. In fact, he was unable to lap 20th place Donnie McGourty in Moto 1 and 19th place Teddy Maier in Moto 2.

Oh, his best lap times on the 250f were 2 seconds slower than RC, too.

elf

Jun 7, 2003
TwinSpar said:
He would win if he were on a yellow or red bike.... 2 or 4 stroke. Look at the results those bikes have brought to RC. :fft:

Are you forgetting RC won on the green bikes too?? :nener:

TheGrinch

Nov 26, 2000
Why doesn't everyone just admit JBS is a great rider, not as great as RC yet but has the potential. It doesn't matter what brand or stroke bike they ride, their natural talent is what makes them faster than everyone else most the time.

pace

Nov 21, 2003
I watched Bubba and Byrne test the 450 today out at Lakewood. They were repeatedly changing between their individual KX250s, and a single 450.

For those of you that have not seen this track, be aware that it's at ~6,500ft above sea-level and has significant elevation changes. IMHO - based on my experiences riding & racing there - the 250 will be at somewhat of a disadvantage.

Senior KX Rider

Super Power AssClown
Nov 9, 1999
TheGrinch said:
Why doesn't everyone just admit JBS is a great rider, not as great as RC yet but has the potential. It doesn't matter what brand or stroke bike they ride, their natural talent is what makes them faster than everyone else most the time.

Stewart is a great rider, and has all the tools to take control of the big bike class.
He could go on a tear and begin that domination this week. Or maybe never.........Its up to HIM not the bike or anything else :think:

You may be right pace at 6500 ft the KX may be a little anemic. Does the altitude affect the 4 strokes too???

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Senior KX Rider said:
Does the altitude affect the 4 strokes too???

Only the ones that ingest air.

:)

cr250can

Feb 16, 2005
pace said:
I watched Bubba and Byrne test the 450 today out at Lakewood. They were repeatedly changing between their individual KX250s, and a single 450.

For those of you that have not seen this track, be aware that it's at ~6,500ft above sea-level and has significant elevation changes. IMHO - based on my experiences riding & racing there - the 250 will be at somewhat of a disadvantage.
Pace you got to see the bike!!! how was it was it a cool looking bike? aluminum twinspar and all.
Any body think that it is funny that it has taken 8-9 for all the motorcycle manufatures to catch up to honda in using an aluminum frame? :nener:

Philip

Dirtweek Junkie
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 15, 2002
RC rides the bike and puts in the work, but there are alot of people that make up the team. He has said many times that he has great people around him and that is a big factor. Until last week we have not seen how fast RC can really go outdoors, because nobody has pushed him for a whole moto. Bubba showed he can run with RC and if can run those lap times for the whole moto, he will win on the 250. RC is like a piece of Iron, with a work ethic and determination to match, to beat him its going to take the same kind of effort. :nod:

Ryone

Jun 18, 2004
pace said:
I watched Bubba and Byrne test the 450 today out at Lakewood.

Why are they in Lakewood this soon? The race there isn't until the weekend of the 23rd in July. Are they just getting in practice laps this soon because it's a new venue?

Man, how was it? I wish I could've made it up there. How long are they going to be there?

Ryan

pace

Nov 21, 2003
I imagine they're out there because they've never seen the track and never had to setup the bikes for this kind of elevation. I know I'd want to establish baseline settings sooner, rather than the weekend of the event.

Bubba looked a bit faster than Byrne, but it wasn't much different from watching some of the local A riders. It's not a technically challenging track - I think fitness will be the only separator. Both guys looked like they were dialing the bikes, rather than trying to get around the track as fast as possible.

None of the public were admitted into the complex (unlike last week when Vuillemin reportedly invited folks inside) so it was hard to get a good look at the 450. I believe they finish testing today, so I'll maybe go back this afternoon with binoculars.. ;)

john3_16

May 17, 2004
TheGrinch said:

No ones saying Stewart's not great...However, when Bubba's talking about "no excuses" and people on here were saying that it's his bikes fault and earlier saying Bubba could smoke RC on a 125 then you can't expect that people are going to let those statements go while bench racing.

Bubba is very very good...But RC is that much better...Quicker lap times and conditioning....

Bubba will have his day, unfortunately RC's in there right now...Just like MC ruined the championship hopes of DV, Lusk, KW, and many others.

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
I think Bubba is in a different category than DV, Lusk, and even KW were when MC was dominating. He's more of a phenom than they were, and he'll have more success eventually, if he can stay healthy.

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
We will see how mentally strong Bubba is-i believe he has the speed to do well against rc, however like many others before him, he may get mentally beat? this 4 stroke thing maybe a sign of it, if it was me i would want to know i had a machine that was a match for Rcs,you dont want to go up against RC on a bike that is even 1% inferior.I dont think bubbas bike is the problem, but i think bubba may start to?

Top Bottom