JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Bubba has shown signs of mental weakness; when things go badly for him, he pulls off and makes excuses rather than gutting it out and earning some points. He probably threw away any shot at the championship this year by failing to soldier around at Hangtown in moto 2. That was a disastrous mistake. But now he can do what he likes: go all out for meaningless wins and brag about how fast he is, while somebody else plays it smart and wins the title. With a 28-point lead now, RC could let JBS win 9 times, and as long as Ricky comes in second, he still wins the title.

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
seems like JS almost set RC up for protect mode a little sooner . i guess then jbs gets more 1sts later in the season which will build more hype for next year on the 4t

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
ellandoh said:
seems like JS almost set RC up for protect mode a little sooner . i guess then jbs gets more 1sts later in the season which will build more hype for next year on the 4t

outdoors...RC doesn't know a protect mode, its all out baby! He is a treat to see running outdoors.

I can think of several supremely naturally talented riders that had technique over everybody, but mentally blipped themselves right off of the radar screen...Lechien, Reynard and yes, Windham will probably be added to that list someday. Hate to say it, but if JS keeps pulling off and not gutting it out (which can become habitual), he stands to hold the coveted title of most talented also-ran ever.

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Anyone remember Marty Tripes?

cr250can

Feb 16, 2005
CR Swade said:
outdoors...RC doesn't know a protect mode, its all out baby! He is a treat to see running outdoors.

I can think of several supremely naturally talented riders that had technique over everybody, but mentally blipped themselves right off of the radar screen...Lechien, Reynard and yes, Windham will probably be added to that list someday. Hate to say it, but if JS keeps pulling off and not gutting it out (which can become habitual), he stands to hold the coveted title of most talented also-ran ever.
Can we add Travis Pastrana to that list?

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
Oh yeah, Travis Pastrana...man that is sad, the dude didn't ever do enough to even be also-ran memorable.

Good call cr250can

dante

Mar 24, 2004
Can't get a very good look at the bike but, I did see aluminum for a frame. :nod:[/QUOTE]

this months transworld mx shows the 06 bikes from the big 4... The editor of twmx did a japan trip and they run prototype bikes there, like a honda 450 with twin exaust! should make while borthers happy when those come out, you guys will be spending $1300 on double exaust cans next year... the 06 kx450f has a twin spar aluminum, just like honda and suzuki... The 06 kawi frame is also designed exclusivly by kawasaki and not the joint effort of suzuki and kawasaki like the 250f which is still going be the exact same bike as the kawi...

john3_16

May 17, 2004
you guys will be spending $1300 on double exaust cans next year

Those twin exhaust are unlikely to see production...They were put on there as a test because of the strict noise regulations in Japan...If it were going to be a standard item we probably would've seen it on the 450 as well which is already announced and no twin exhaust.

TheJunkMan

Jul 9, 2003
Ryone said:
Why are they in Lakewood this soon? The race there isn't until the weekend of the 23rd in July. Are they just getting in practice laps this soon because it's a new venue?

Man, how was it? I wish I could've made it up there. How long are they going to be there?

Ryan

Dang it I live on the other side of the hill/mountain/hogback and I missed it!!!!!!!!! I whent to Ft. Collins that day/evening to see a young lady. Man were my priorities wrong :)

Ryone

Jun 18, 2004
TheJunkMan said:
Dang it I live on the other side of the hill/mountain/hogback and I missed it!!!!!!!!! I whent to Ft. Collins that day/evening to see a young lady. Man were my priorities wrong :)

Geez, don't you know it's Pro's before H**'s? :)

Ryan

Top Bottom