98yz400

Oct 22, 2006
so we went out a few days ago and and my friend went off a 7 foot drop with his quad and went over the bars and the quads cooler rack landed on his femur and snapped it clean. but at first we thought it was a dislocated knee because it was on the side but when we picked his leg up a little it just flopped like a noodle between his knee and hip :yikes: . it was like something youd see on max-x. luckily it didnt pop out of the skin. and he'll be fine. but he wont ride for like a year.

Octane250F

Uhhh...
Oct 21, 2006
That sucks. Quads can be very dangerous like that. At least a bike will just lay down, but with a quad they can roll for quite a distance before they stop.
A few of my buddies race quads and I cant remember the last time they made it through a racing season without getting hurt.

OldTimer

Feb 3, 2005
If you saw the crash at Unadilla that left Jeremiah Jones paralized, then you know how those quads can gobble you up and spit you out. You could barely see his boots sticking out from under a pile of quads.

Octane250F

Uhhh...
Oct 21, 2006
Yeah, I heard about that. The owner of the Yamaha dealer I go to told me that bikes are a lot safer than quads and that when someone comes in wanting to buy a quad for racing they try to talk them into getting a bike instead.

98yz400

Oct 22, 2006
i feel that quads are safer for the person that doesnt go fast because with 4 wheels, you fall less, but when you do fall, the consequences can be deadly, much more so than a bike. even though you will fall more on a bike, i agree, they are safer overall.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom