pyrofreak

Apr 9, 2003
Where I live in PA, you can only buy beer at a Beverage Center, and they close at 8. If you want any after that time, you have to go to a bar. Where I was from in NY, you could get it ANYWHERE. No one bought a case of beer at a bar... You went to a convience store, or Walmart to get it, 24/7 Except from 2:30-12:00 on Sundays. And who the heck isn't already drunk then??

Squirrel Girl

Oct 17, 2006
When I go to the states I still stop dead when I see alcohol in the aisles at the grocery store, it's such an anomaly. But maybe someone can recommend a good apple cider? Up here we have Okanagan brand (crisp apple), and anything I've had in the states hasn't been as good. So please, if someone knows a good one, I'm tired of wasting my money just to leave it for my parents to drink.

nikki420chic

Nov 9, 2006
hahaha i do the same thing im like whoa beer in a 7-eleven? weird....lol...they just want alcholics in the states i guess hahaha..lol...but i dont drink ...lol...so no comment..lol

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
I'm falling apart!!

Had my 4th session of PT today. It's going pretty well. My shoulder is feeling better. Well was until I moved the washer and dryer last night...I got scolded by Phil and my PT. I will also be seeing the same PT to fix my knee. I have been having problems with my right knee since I had most of the meniscus removed 2.5 years ago. It's gotten worse lately. The doc seems to think that it's just not strong anymore and needs to be strengthened properly. I guess my going to the gym 5 nights a week isn't good enough for the old dude. He seems to think that I am busting out tons of weight doing squats. Which I'm not, guess he doesn't want to listen. I'll do this for his time and see how it feels. I don't think it's going to get better...

bbbom

~SPONSOR~
Aug 13, 1999
Removed meniscus - youch! You can do some pretty amazing things with the proper strength training. Sounds like you have a special need with the knee so maybe there are some specific strength building excercises that can help?

Hope so, keep a positive attitude though, like I tell my kids, wether you think you can or you think you can't you are right!

Give his program a try, you ain't got nothing to lose and it just may help the knee out too.

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Thanks bbbom! My meniscus was torn beyond repair :( I still wish I could find the idiot who hit me!

Bob, my PT, said that my PCL and ACL are weak. So he taped up my knee to retrain those ligaments. Then hopefully those will be retrained and then we'll do strength training.

mtk

Jun 9, 2004
pyrofreak said:
Where I live in PA, you can only buy beer at a Beverage Center, and they close at 8. If you want any after that time, you have to go to a bar. Where I was from in NY, you could get it ANYWHERE. No one bought a case of beer at a bar... You went to a convience store, or Walmart to get it, 24/7 Except from 2:30-12:00 on Sundays. And who the heck isn't already drunk then??

They're called "Beer Distributors" and your local one sucks.

Come to mine; I'm open until 10pm on weekdays and 11pm on Friday and Saturday.

And I'll take our system over the beer in supermarket system because we have MUCH better selections and cheaper prices here than in any neighboring states that sell it in stores.

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
It's official...I really am falling apart!

So Bob, my PT, is fixing my shoulder, wrist, knee AND NOW my balance issues... :bang:

So here is the list:

1. Shoulder feeling MUCH better...still have some pain and numbing issues, but they ARE better
2. Knee is feeling better, hopefully that will be good in a few weeks
3. Wrist bone that I popped back into place is acting weird...keeps rubbing in it's socket. Have to brace that at night to let it heal. I guess I sleep w/my wrist curled under and it's not really healing or something...I tend to tune out important things..
4. Balance...when I got my really bad concussion a few years ago I had issues w/balance that I thought were fixed...well Bob noticed that I'm not right! He did a few things and my balance...well it SUCKS! lol so...hopefully once I do those exercises I'll feel better.

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
bbbom said:
WOW!!! You're gonna be new again!!!

I sure hope so!! I am SO glad I have good health insurance!!! It def. gets put to good use!!

robwbright

Apr 8, 2005
Tracie:

Just as an FYI, you might want to read about this guys shoulder injury and it's resolution - it's pretty amazing.

Saved from the Knife
http://www.lewrockwell.com/blumert/blumert119.html

The Doc he went to is here (and he has links to similar docs in various states):

http://www.paracelsusclinic.com/

http://www.dormanpub.com/

I hope your shoulder (and wrist and knee) recovers completely. . .

I guess you can also be thankful you didn't break the scaphoid. From the way you fell, sounds like it would have been very possible.

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Thanks Rob
I'll take a look at those when I am home for the day!
BTW you have WAY too much time on your hands!!

Phil

Nov 17, 1999
Unfortunately Tracie's injuries seem to be cumulative...They don't heal, they just keep stacking up on one another.

Conversely, I heal up really quick...I keep telling her to drink some milk!

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
:whoa: NO WAY!!! Phil is actually posting!!!!

Ladies that's my loving hubby that replied and scolds me for not drinking milk!

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2006
end of oct, i developed severe tedonitis in my right shoulder and elbow (whitewater kayaking). my pt was recently put on pause,while i made an appt with my dr, to see if i need an mri, because my pt guy thinks i might have a partially torn tendon, or labrum. that appt is tues--today is sun. the reason i'm not using caps, is because yesterday i dislocated my right collarbone, coming off my dirtbike at a slow speed (good thing, huh?). i won' be able to go to that appt, my car has a manual transmission. good thing i had all the other gear on! a chest protector is on my list....

WomanRider

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jul 19, 2006
MXGirl230 said:
:Ladies that's my loving hubby that replied and scolds me for not drinking milk!

MXG230
I do not drink milk either. I get the nutrients other ways. Gotta love hubbies. Mine jumps on here every now and then to reveal my secrets too.

I hope you heal well. I would love to meet up with you at an enduro next year. Looks like we might have more on the way.. YEAH

WR

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
lol! I eat a lot of yogurt and string cheese and other cheeses

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Done With Pt!!

I'm finally done with PT :yeehaw: Now I just have to get the strength back into my shoulder and work on my knee. My balance is a lot better, not where it should be though. So I am continuing my at home exercises the PT gave me. Hopefully I'll be good to go in March when we start riding/racing again.

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
I use free weights and machines. Depends on of I'm at home or the gym. I found some rotator cuff strengthening exercises that I am doing to. Hopefully those will help too.

Top Bottom