majick

Mar 14, 2003
Hey Guys and Gals,
Thanks for the help on the 84 , parts are in,should have it together in a few days. Hence the question,I want my own toy, my garage is the toy box. My buds wanna ride , but due to married kids and etc, they don t have the space or money to play. My garage is open to my friends they can use anything . there all older bikes with the exception of the new Warrior. So do I go buy a new KDX 200 ( thats not a problem ) I like to ride ( sucks goin alone ) , So ride the old and a bud gets left out , or get another kdx and have fun with my friends. ( Plus I want a new one )
Thanks guys

Michelle

Sponsoring Member
Oct 26, 1999
And the question is?
The answer's there with your comments "that's not a problem" "plus I want a new one".
Sounds more like you want reaffirmation that it's a cool idea & your friends are keen just not able to afford a bike.
Now, the real questions are: are you going to get a 200 or 220 & are you buying brand new & having to spend more money doing mods (great fun, btw) or buy 2nd hand & just do the suspension for you if necessary, but have to go through the bike to make sure everything's as you like it? (and maintained)
Looking forward to hearing how the two bikes compare (probably you'll be wondering if they're even the same breed) lol
Michelle

Houndog

~SPONSOR~
Oct 11, 2002
majick where do you live, or would you consider moving here to be my neighbor? :)

Sounds like a good bunch of friends, let us know how it works out.

MDA

May 27, 2002
I'm actually in the market for a second bike for that very reason. I have a bunch of friends that either can't afford a bike, or their wives won't let them buy one. If I had a spare bike, they would be there in a heartbeat.

My concern however is that I am looking for something tame. Most of my friends are inexperienced (so am I for that matter but that's another story). I don't want to loan out a bike with too much muscle. I am looking at something like a small XR or a tame two stroke.

If you are considering loaning out a KDX to your buds that's cool, but remember to take their riding experience into consideration. Once you get used to it, the KDX can seem tame, but it does pack quite a punch that can get you into trouble pretty fast. If you friend is inexperienced, bring him to an open field first or nice wide trails and let him get a feel for the bike's power and handling. That's what my brother in law did for me my first time (in fact the first dirt bike I ever borrowed was a KDX200 and I have been hooked ever since).

Riding is good, riding with a buddy is much better.

-Mark-

XRDadKDXBeni

Aug 27, 2002
Majick and MDA, would you two consider moving to the swamps? i would like to have neighbors like you. I could ride your machine and let you clean it up. Seriously, if you can afford it, do it. Doesn't matter if you buy new or old, its the fellowship that matters - whatever the budget can afford. Personally, I would buy good used in this situation.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom