CA Riders, Green sticker/Red sticker?!?

Oct 22, 2000
Anyone:

Is there an updated listing of which bikes are "Green Sticker-able"? I have checked out both the AMA and CA-DMV websites and have found nothing on the subject. With a new KTM 525MXC in my near future, I would like to know if it meets the strict clean air and noise requirements that would allow it to have the "much desired" green sticker, or has it already received the red sticker kiss of off-road death? :( I've gotta know before I spend $7300 + tax, lic, doc, dealer prep, first born, etc.

RatTrap:thumb:

Farmer John

T.C.F.<br>(tire changin' fool)
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 8, 2000
525 MXC's are green sticker approved.

If you contact KTM they will explain to you which models are & which are not.

btw, great choice of a replacement. :thumb:

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
I believe only the 525 E/XC's are green sticker ... and not the M/XC's. Also, make sure you get the special California "G" version as I believe the others will not sticker. In other words, you need to buy a KTM 525 E/XC-G. Anything else will not green sticker, at least I'm pretty sure. Call a local CA dealer to be certain ...

That's gonna be a pretty nice earthmover you're buyin' !

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
That's awesome ! Big props to KTM for steppin' up.

P.S. Thanks for correcting my misinformation. :eek:

Oct 22, 2000
"Whew, what a relief!" I had visions of the 525 being a trailer queen for 6 to 8 months out of the year. Thanks for the good news. :thumb: It's a nice change of pace from the usual "No, you can't!" broken record that I listen to on a daily basis. Right on, Farmer John and Eel!

RatTrap:yeehaw:

DanS

Sponsoring Member
Dec 6, 2000
Some 2003 KTM 4 stroke EXC/MXCs do not have the right VIN to get a green sticker. If the 8th digit of the VIN is a C or 3 it is a RED sticker bike. Anything else in the 8th digit gets a green sticker. KTM was late changing the VIN numbers just like most '99 KTMs get green stickers because they were late putting the C or 3 in the VINs when this all started. Bottom line: CHECK THE VIN.

Last edited:
Top Bottom