joereitman

Jul 2, 2003
Awesome group ride

Some info on Aonia from the spodefest thread-
There will be the option each day of Aonia's track for $15, trail for $10, or both.

They also have a flat track I think, plus the SX track might be available during the evening too, to make Crash happy. Camping is free, although if you want to make an electrical hookup to your RV, it will be $10.

The track is in excellent shape. It was great in November, and per recent pictures and reports, is even better now. Lots of loam tilled in, extensive grooming, regular watering. It is also a very safe track, with forgiving landings if you come up short.

For those unfamiliar with Aonia, here is their website- http://www.aonia-pass-mx.com/aoniapassmotocross/id6.html

And here is a link to some discussion and pictures of the track. http://www.peeweemania.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=12639

And here is some more info on Aonia- the primitive camping is on the right, across the road from the pee wee track, in the tall trees.

Up another 100' on the right is the bike wash, aka Outdooor Shower.

The track has a concession stand, not sure about all the details.

The track was great. I would not have believed a track in Georgia could be this loamy, well groomed and dust free! It was the best I have ever seen any track, anywhere.

They added some new jumps, such as the new double after the front straight tables and drop off. Smooth face, 60', 4th gear pinned. The other jumps were very good too, especially the single to table on the back straight. Some serious flight time potential there.

The turns quickly developed some nice rut berms so you could rail through.

Restaurants are 5-10 min NW up 78 in Washington. http://www.washingtonwilkes.com/site/page6212.html

Fires are allowed. Be careful if its windy.

Yes, they have real showers too, for those of us who are a little more civilized...

I have not ridden the SX track, but it looks challenging.

they have not only the showers up by the Pee Wee track near the camping, but also nicer showers at a more remote camping location a little further away from the tracks. May be worth considering.

Perry sometimes lets folks ride the SX track, but wants to limit it to experienced racers and top riders only. Apparently it is a "little" challenging... If enough decent riders are interested, he may even turn on the lights and let folks run it in the evenings.

The camping across from the PeeWee track has power {30amp camper plugs and standard 110 outlets}and water available, along with a single shower [for each sex} at the "loghouse bathroom". As far as I know, the remote camping has the large shower facility.

tnrider

Sponsoring Member
Jun 8, 2003
Is anyone planning on attending this ride? it is the weekend before DW04 - but Oklahoma is just too far this year...

how crowded is this place on the weekend?

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
I've bgeen riding there about every other weekend, lately. The kid's track (very tame) usually only has 1-5 riders and the big track usually has about 20 at a time. Enough to find someone your speed to ride with without so many that you're worried about landing on or getting landed on.

Visibility on the big track is good. No flaggers out there except race days, but I've never felt like it needed them during practice.

The layout, prep, and maintenance of the track is second to none. They water heavily in the evening to get ready for the next day and then during the day if it gets dusty.

The SX track is fun, but can get dusty with a few bikes out there.

I've heard there are trails, but I'm kinda scared to go out in the woods. I hear they have wild Ivans out there!

fow350

Sep 7, 2004
That sounds like it would be alot of fun. I paln on attending. Is anyone a part of the goergia ORV forums? i have tried and tried to register, but all that i can come up with is a message saying that my e-mail address is invalid.

Top Bottom