Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
OK, you saw the thread in the DW forum.

Who is coming and when?

Post up here if you want to partake in Camp Tejas. I have not spoken with Dave yet about food, but I am bringing a 6 foot grill and the three woks. I am planning a ho'down for at least one evening.

The GP tent will sleep 10~12 comfortably and I have my family and Joe has mentioned taking a corner as well.

• Sunday - Burgers
    Tony
    Grady
  • Monday - Burgers
    Tony
    Chopper Dave (3)
    Grady
  • Tueday - Still trying to figure this one out, may grill some chicken, and stirfry some veggies.
    Tony
    Chopper Dave (3)
    Grady
    Joe Diver
    Matt +1
  • Wednesday - German Night! Brats, Sauerkraut, German Potato Salad
    Tony
    Jeff
    Kristen
    Chopper Dave (3)
    Biglou
    Grady
    Brian
    Joe Diver
    Jaybird
    Matt +1
  • Thursday - Cajun Night Fish Fry, Cajun surprise, Fried catfish, fries, hush puppies ...
    Tony
    Jeff
    Kristen
    Chopper Dave (3)
    Biglou
    Grady
    Brian
    Joe Diver
    billtx
    TwinSpar
    TwinkieSeed
    TwinSpawn
    Jaybird
    Matt and his gang
    Mark and his gang
    Matt +1
  • Friday - Fajitas, refried beans (homemade), spanish fried rice, guacamole
    Tony
    Jeff
    Kristen
    Chopper Dave (3)
    Biglou
    Grady
    Brian
    Joe Diver
    billtx
    TwinSpar
    TwinkieSeed
    TwinSpawn
    Jaybird
    Matt and his gang
    Mark and his gang
    Matt +1
  • Saturday - BBQ Pigout by Brian
    Brian will have a separate list

Post up, let's make this one for the history books!

I will post up meal costs as soon as we have them worked out.

>>>>UPDATE<<<<

I have the approximate list above. I think it is roughly correct.

I spent a lot of time at the store today and this is what I have come up with ...

Breakfast - $3.00 per person per day. Breakfast will be breakfast burittos, coffee, OJ, milk, etc. We can do eggs and bacon as well if folks want some.

Lunch - $3.00 per person per day. I will have sandwich makings for folks to peruse through, but I ain't gonna be a sandwich maker if I can help it.

Dinner - Dinner costs are kinda up in the air still as it appears that Matt will be bringing a surprise addition for Cajun Night ... Yes it will be good!

How does $7.50 per night for Monday through Wednesday and $10.00 for Thursday and Friday for dinner? BTW - Adults and growing 14 year old boys etc are all I want to charge for as most kids don't eat that much. I will trust everyone's judgement on their children.

These are a bit more than last year, but it is hard to gauge the $$ with the way that attendance is rising and falling at the same time.

If there are any $$ left they will be given to Mully to include with the money collected at the raffle (I assume we are still having one). All I want to do is break even.

Last edited:

ChopperDave

It's been awhile...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 1, 2004
Really? All we have to do is pay and eat? How cool is that! Sign me and my wife up for food. We'll bring our own camp gear. My wife might even donate some german(she is German) tater salad. If we are real lucky she might even make snitzeil?!? (sp)

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
ChopperDave said:
Really? All we have to do is pay and eat? How cool is that! Sign me and my wife up for food. We'll bring our own camp gear. My wife might even donate some german(she is German) tater salad. If we are real lucky she might even make snitzeil?!? (sp)

Since everyone is Texan (in their heart anyway) and Tennessee offered so much support at the Alamo ... yep, you are welcome to join in the fun. When are you planning on arriving?

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
biglou said:
I'm in for at least a few meals. Hey, you guys fed me once and now I won't go away!

As much as you have done for me ... don't worry buddy, I have you covered! :nod:

XR3J

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 7, 2001
Tony, I wouldn't mind showing up at camp Tejas for some grub a couple of times. I'm planning on being there all week; let me know what you need.
Jerry

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
XR3J said:
Tony, I wouldn't mind showing up at camp Tejas for some grub a couple of times. I'm planning on being there all week; let me know what you need.
Jerry

:cool: You gonna have the whole fandamily with you?

Joe Diver

N. Texas SP
Mar 21, 2005
:cool: Yeppers...looks like I'll stake a claim in a corner of the GP medium. Doesn't look like my friends will make it, so I won't need to bring all my camping gear...just a cot, fart sack, and pancho. I'll be happy to contribute food and $$ to the meal fund for the week so I don't have to worry about that either.

I might be interested in that 6 foot girl you're bringing too... :rotfl:

ChopperDave

It's been awhile...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 1, 2004
Tony Eeds said:
Since everyone is Texan (in their heart anyway) and Tennessee offered so much support at the Alamo ... yep, you are welcome to join in the fun. When are you planning on arriving?

We are planning to arrive Monday and leave Sunday, if all goes well with vacations/work...

Everyone has talked about what a great time it is, so we want to get the full experience!

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
Tony,

you know that Dad and I (little sister this year, too) are in for anything and everything. Sign us up. I imagine we will also provide the community coffee as well this year, and maybe ice cream for dessert :)

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Joe Diver said:
:cool: Yeppers...looks like I'll stake a claim in a corner of the GP medium.

Reserved sign up. When you plan on coming up?

Joe Diver

N. Texas SP
Mar 21, 2005
Tony Eeds said:
Reserved sign up. When you plan on coming up?

I plan to arrive Tuesday afternoon and leave Sunday morning.

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
Just in case you didn't already know. Some of us Spodes north of the red river are very impressed with your organizational skills. Not to mention that fact that you are all a bunch of cooking machines. I personally don't know wether I'm coming or going half of the time. :)

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
DWreck said:
Just in case you didn't already know. Some of us Spodes north of the red river are very impressed with your organizational skills. Not to mention that fact that you are all a bunch of cooking machines. I personally don't know wether I'm coming or going half of the time. :)

Organizational skills, what organizational skills? It is just MasterCard and the ability to borrow stuff and beg help! ;)

You need to get the Heartland Spodes to show up in force this year. Does that justql feller even ride anymore?

billtx

~SPONSOR~
Dec 22, 2002
Hi Tony.

I enjoyed meeting you last year and plan to go to DW05 - I'm not sure what days and won't know for a while due to my job. Most likely Thurs-Sat.

I'm happy to bring some stuff you guys may have forgotten, I did appreciate the coffee last year, it warmed my cold bones. You guys sure stay up late..I guess you have more energy since you are younger than me.

Take care..

Txbigguy

Camp Tejas Chef
N. Texas SP
Jan 14, 2002
I might try and drop in for a day or two. Just to hang out. Dont have a bike yet. :( But I might have to come up and visit camp tejas for a bit. Depends on how the wifey feels.

ChopperDave

It's been awhile...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 1, 2004
Tony, did you figure up meal costs yet???

:cool:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Txbigguy said:
I might try and drop in for a day or two. Just to hang out. Dont have a bike yet. :( But I might have to come up and visit camp tejas for a bit. Depends on how the wifey feels.

Bring you gear, I have bikes you can use!

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
ChopperDave said:
Tony, did you figure up meal costs yet???

:cool:

As soon as I get back from Big Bend this weekend I will start wrapping up $$.

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
Count me and my 2 boys in. I'm guessing (the joy of a new job) that I'll probably be there Wednesday or Thursday through to Sunday. Do you charge more for a teenager that eats more than an elephant? ;)

junkjeeps

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2001
Tony,

I wouldn't mind eating with you guys a few nights if ya let me. I'm trying to finalize my being able to go. How much do we need to kick in $$wise. Do you need it before DW or pay when we get there? I can also help out with coffee supplies. I am planning on bringing a commercial brewer. Will you have electricity? Anything else coffee related needed, let me know.

Mark

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
junkjeeps said:
Tony,

I wouldn't mind eating with you guys a few nights if ya let me. I'm trying to finalize my being able to go. How much do we need to kick in $$wise. Do you need it before DW or pay when we get there? I can also help out with coffee supplies. I am planning on bringing a commercial brewer. Will you have electricity? Anything else coffee related needed, let me know.

Mark

Mark:

Come on and join us! I will be figuring out $$ now that I am back from vacations. Anything coffee related will help a bunch and yes we have spare electrons.

I have a tent, if you need a place to lay your head ;)

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
TwinSpar said:
Do you charge more for a teenager that eats more than an elephant? ;)

Not if he works in the kitchen!

Top Bottom