datsun

Jan 16, 2004
OK IM AT 400 TO 1500 FT. HAVE REV PIPE NO AIRBOX LID,607 REEDS, CORE2 SILEN. HAVE READ ALL POST AND JUSTKDX INFO, TALK TO BOYSEEND THEY SAY 145 MAIN 42 PILOT OR DOWN ONE SIZE FROM STOCK, ALOT LIKE JUST KDX,MY STOCK WAS 42 145. FMF SAYS 148/150, 45, 3RD OR 4TH ON THE NEEDLE.NEED AS MUCH INFO AS I CAN GET.THANK FOR YOUR HELP. :eek:

wibby

Mod Ban
Mar 15, 2003
Try it and see what works for you... one circuit at a time, one jet size at a time

No one can tell you what will work best

BTW, WHY ARE YOU SHOUTING?

datsun

Jan 16, 2004
Frp Says No Jetting Change Is Needed With Thees Mods, My Pilet/air Screw Is Not Having Any Afect When Turning 4 0r 5 Turns Out It Will Spit Back Thought Thr Carb,lean Right. Other Then That Nuthen,driven Me Nuts

cicone

Sep 29, 2003
datsun---i've found it difficult to notice airscrew adjustments unless the bike is fully warmed up and the idle is set as low as possible while still keeping the bike running. have you tried that?

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
The best 'info' you can get is the seat of your own pants (you being in them at the time presumed).

Noone can tell you how to jet your bike. There are too many variables. 'Jetting changes not needed' may be true if the end result is something that just works. It is not true if you want to eek out the best your bike can give.

Try reading CDave's info on air screw setting and let us know what the result of that is. You indicate you've done that, but having read it and not getting anything out of your airscrew is at counterpoint.

Yep...adjusting a less than up-to-temp bike will get you less than reasonable results. Also, turns of 1/8 or less at a time are required. Too many turns too fast is a waste of time.

And...what cicone said.

Something from CDave's site...if you have to turn your AS out TOO far, that's an indication of a too-rich pilot. You got that part, right?

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom