Reinz

Oct 3, 2006
Hey all,
I just noticed on my '91 KDX200 when my engine is hot it will sometimes start to dribble gas out of the bottom hose on the carb. Even after I shut it off and close the fuel valve it will continue to spit gas out for a while. Any ideas why this happens and how to fix it?

thanks

KDX200fromAUS

Jul 26, 2006
Gday mate, it seems to me that you have a problem with your floats in the bottom part of your carbie, if you take the carby off you will see two screws on the botom which hold on the float bowl. Unscrew these and take the bowl off , be sure to watch for any parts and where they came from, if you have never been inside a carb before.

Notice the floats ? it seems likely that they are just getting jammed or need a slight adjustment, thoroughly clean out the float area with fuel and a compressor to blow out any caught debri.

After this, check to see that the floats arent damaged and that they are sitting level, all it takes is a slight bend of the float arm for adjustment, work it out until she seems right mate.....good luck..........if you have access to a manual for the bike it will all be covered in there......

Oh and nice bike........I too ride a 91 200F and love it to death, anyways........... :ride: :blah: :blah: have fun.

paab

Aug 31, 2006
The grit will be found under the float needle...

I kept having this problem til I realized if you remove the tank and set it down on the ground, the petcock will dig into the ground and stuff itself with dirt... DOH!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom