12 tooth front sprocket
uni filter
frp torque ring(on order)
race tech fork springs .40
152 main
45 pilot
1173 jet needle
renthal bars

I would like more of a hit in the powerband like a mx bike.I know the kdx is not a kx,But if I did just the carb mod would I get what I am looking for?What difference could I expect to see?What about the head mod?Would you reccommend both or just the carb?Also I know milling the head will give me more compression which should give me more bottom end right??what do you all reccommend????Thanks for all the great advice you all have given me over the past year.This is definately the place for a kdx!!

lepper

Mar 8, 2005
To get the powerband of a MX bike...you have to buy a MX bike... With that said... Ron can alter your squish band on your head and give you a CEK needle to wake that puppy up. Give him a call and tell him Vince sent you.

Also...Eric Gorr can do some porting on your cylinder.... that will help a ton too! But keep in mind... this mod may give you some problems such as having to run higher octane (race gas) and jetting problems. :cool:

Last edited:

jumpingjoe628

Mar 15, 2005
I would go with the head work. I just recently had to buy a stock cylinder for my bike because it cracked. But it had some extensive porting and the base was milled down to change the port timing. I just rode it today with the new cylinder and let me tell you, I can't even tell the difference between the new one and the old one. I do have a "Phathead Racing" head with the #24h dome and I beleive all of the gain over the completly stock engine was from the head. It's an 02 CR250 and I wasn't a big fan of the stock engine when I got it and immediatly got it worked. If you go with the head work you might have to run race gas to keep it from pinging but you will like the gains.

Rhodester

May 17, 2003
If you want hit put on the -30 rev pipe and you'll have a noticeable hit. Also a DEK needle gave me the most power everywhere (over the 1173). Forget the torque ring. It just adjusts your whole power band down about 200 RPMs. Adding compression (and/or advancing the timing) will give you more bottom end snap at the expense of the top end power that you seek.

Top Bottom