punkrawker

Jan 2, 2006
so after i put pro serious reeds in my 01 kdx220 was running like it was cold kinda sucking more air than fuel so i went to a 150 main and it runs great!! one prob the one orange drain hose out of the three just pours gas when ever the bikes off when the fuels on its the one hose attached to the botttom of the carb im guessing something is stuck open :bang: n e ideas ??? o ya and my gnarly woods pipe is coming in tomorow i cant wait will the 150 main still b good with that pipe? sometim es its liek every tiem i take one step forward i end up taking two back any one else have that problem in life

punkrawker

Jan 2, 2006
carbs r def. not my strong point so n e descriptive words or pictures or sites u can provide will b great the drain hose from the carb where the gas leaks from is connected to the bottom of the bowl and inside the bowl connect to liek the nippl that that tube connects to is like a brown almost liek straw so maybe u can tell me exactly where to angle that in the carb

TimberPig

Jan 19, 2006
If fuel is pouring out the overflow vent line, then your inlet needle and seat is not sealing. You will need to disassemble the carb and clean or replace the needle and seat to allow it to seal. If you r float is set too low, or is punctured and sinking, it will also cause this.

Here's a link to some info on carburetors and tuning, rebuilding etc, that will probably help you out.

Carb link

punkrawker

Jan 2, 2006
thanx ill look for n e holes in the floats and the needle ill chek out u think i should just replace it to b safe ? and what exactly is the seat ?? ide imaging its where the needle ends?

Rhodester

May 17, 2003
(Hard to read your stuff, guys).....
You need to get a manual that shows you all of the pretty pictures of the carb workings. The needle and seat assembly is attached by the float pivot. The needle tip is a type of synthetic rubber. If you are experiencing the overflow leaking ONLY when the bike is leaning on the kick stand then you just need to lower (the book says raise, but your looking at it upside down in the book) the float level 2mm from the stock setting to correct this "peeing" when on the kick stand.

Green Hornet

Apr 2, 2005
Take apart your CARB again and MAKE SURE the Float, Fuel Valve & Float Pin are connected properly. I had this problem once before and the pin that holds those two together, fell out during re-assembly and it would PISS AWAY

punkrawker

Jan 2, 2006
all fixed there must of been a tiny spek on dirt keeping the float pin open but i gott it fixed today actually was a gopod day of work . i got the carb off fixed on stock head pipe silencer and plastic off and all put back on but with a gnarly woods pipe well worth the 240 $$

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
punkrawker said:
thanx ill look for n e holes in the floats and the needle ill chek out u think i should just replace it to b safe ? and what exactly is the seat ?? ide imaging its where the needle ends?

If the post is un-readable or hard to follow it will be deleted. Please do better in the future.

Thank you
Mully

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom