MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
If I feel well (looking good) and if my left arm cooperatres (doing better), and if the stars align just right, I'm going to Cedar tomorrow afternoon around 1:30. Altnerate is Holton. Anyone interested in going out there? I won't be tearing up the trails by any stretch, but hope to enjoy some fresh air and smell of dirt.

katoom125

Apr 25, 2004
Hi Mark!
we are headed a bit further north if you get no takers for Cedar (I avoid Cedar as you know) - probably Tin Cup would be my guess - 3 of us so far maybe more once everybody answers their e-mails.
be glad to have you join us if you'd like.
Randy

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Yeah, Cedar is going to be a "test" for me, haven't ridden in a few months. What time would you be at Tin Cup?

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Dang it! My shoulder is still jacked up. I messed it up at my last MX race. It's my right one, so I'm struggling w/using my throttlehand. :bang:

Have fun!

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
See you there Ted and Don. I'm glad there'll be others. I can't get my bike in the truck by myself because of my left upper arm, but should be able to ride otherwise.

I gotta take advantage of feeling good. I was given a "break" from the oral chemotheraphy (which wasn't supposed to have nasty side effects), so I want to see if, and how well, I can ride.

If I start having too much fun, ie speed, please tell me to knock it off. My joints go south just way too easy now, can't afford to be all crippled up again.

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
When you gonna be there??? Ill wait around if your gonna be there at 1:30. The other group was talking about 11:00am but I havent heard from them yet....soooooo.....

Man I gotta cut back on the beer tonight. Typing is getting to be a challange

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Yeah, i'll be closer to 1:30. Got morning plans. Ted of course will be there a lot earlier!

Thanks!

Z-8

Mi. Trail Riders
Jul 25, 2005
Let me know what time and where I'll try to be there. Brandon (12y.o.) may not be with me. He constantly tests my limits :bang: .
Thanks RUSS

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Z-8, Slowjoe, Me and our kids are gonna be there around 11am.

Mark Ill wait around for you if / when you show. Ill make the kid ride another loop with me and ya. Itll be good for him (hes getting a little pudgy). I really hope you are feeling good enough to make it today. You could use some woods-thearapy -vs- kemo-therapy.

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
It may seem a given to most of you, but the fact that I rode today to me was really someting after all of the pain and crippling effects I've had from my chemotherapy over the past few months. I rode well enough to feel pretty good about it. I was thinking I may even get a mile out there, fall over on the bike and that would be it. I just didn't know what to expect. I was Mr. Wimpy in the deep sand because my arms have shrunk to little sticks, but at leat I rode!!! Ted clocked 37 miles for our ride, which is about 27 more than I thought I would do. What a confidence builder today was!

My bike beat on me a little more than usual since the last time I rode it I weight 17 pounds more than today. I few more suspension clicks ought to bring it around.

Ted, Yzman-and-son and the Varners, thanks for riding with me. It really meant a lot.

Barring any side effects this week, I'm planning on doing part of Trailfest. Can't wait!

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
Yee Haw Mark!

OUTSTANDING!

I am REALLY glad to know you got out for a ride!

Hopefully I will see you at trailfest next weekend.

Mike

katoom125

Apr 25, 2004
Glad to hear that you made it out Mark - and even nicer that it went as good or better than you expected. I know what's it's like to not be able to ride for a while (beyond your control) and that 1st time back is a 'spirit lifter' for sure. I hope you continue to feel well enough to get out and ride and that white stuff holds off for another month or two - too!

We had quite a crew at Tin Cup (11 of us riding the single track) and saw no one else except a couple of quads out on the 4 wheeler trail. We did have a couple inches of snow, lots of puddles but we still did 2 loops and had a great time. I was kinda surprised to see the snow still there but it didn't affect our riding much since somebody had ridden saturday and left a track on the ground for us. I asked Dwayne if he wanted to ride the XCF-W at about the half way point on the 2nd loop - he never stopped all the way back to the truck so I ended up riding that crazy CRX of his about 9 miles - I think he liked the orange bike.

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
Randy - We {4 of us} busted up frozen ground and puddle for you guys at 8:30am. Kinda slick in some spots. I'm sure Gurb will be making a brand change soon! How did the needle work out for you?

DW

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Had a great time riding with everybody yesterday. Not too many nice days like that left this year. Gotta take advantage of them while you can :ride:

Mark glad you could get out in the woods. You were moving along pretty good yesterday :cool:

Timer as always.....Your a nut. At the staging area at 7:45am :coocoo: I wasn't even awake yet. Your making us young guys look bad. :laugh:

Attachments

• P1010135.JPG
    P1010135.JPG
    99 KB · Views: 177
  • P1010137.JPG
    P1010137.JPG
    91 KB · Views: 172

katoom125

Apr 25, 2004
Wolverine423 said:
Randy - We {4 of us} busted up frozen ground and puddle for you guys at 8:30am. Kinda slick in some spots. I'm sure Gurb will be making a brand change soon! How did the needle work out for you?

DW

nobody has the needle in stock - have to order it - my richer jetting is working pretty good in the cooler temps - still I want to try that other needle just for kicks. checked my sag setting (haven't done so since 1st setting it up new) - wow was that off now that she's broken in some - changed it for yesterday's ride - what a difference - still not happy with having to compress spring that far so changed today to a PDS-7 spring that I had on the shelf - haven't ridden with it yet but it sure looks better with proper static sag and race sag numbers both.
what are you running for spring?

INCA

~SPONSOR~
Sep 1, 2003
There are times when the trip results in only a couple hours of riding, so to balance out, I take advantage when possible. Although I carried out my plan for riding, it wasn't totally successful. I spent the morning going up to Horseshoe Lake trying to locate the staging area for enduros a few years ago. No luck yet finding an open field on a two track north of Roosevelt and west of 184th.
The afternoon was first class. Mark didn't miss a beat and felt so good on the south loop he took a 7 mile extra 'short cut' back to the parking lot. It's a good thing I was able to find fourth gear or wouldn't have been able to stay even close. Good times with good people are hard to beat. It is what makes the trip worthwhile.

Young Ted

duckboy

Jan 9, 2005
Man, I wish I didn't have to do a stupid roof in Newago at 10am on Sunday. I snuck out at 3am and rode all of Holton from about 4am to 9am. I wanted to swing by Cedar Creek for a quick lap, but was too much of a "goodie two shoes" to skip out on my friends for even a couple hours. It sounds like I missed out on a good day of riding. Hopefully I'll be able ride with you guys in a week and a half for that night ride. :ride:

katoom125

Apr 25, 2004
duckboy said:
Man, I wish I didn't have to do a stupid roof in Newago at 10am on Sunday. I snuck out at 3am and rode all of Holton from about 4am to 9am. I wanted to swing by Cedar Creek for a quick lap, but was too much of a "goodie two shoes" to skip out on my friends for even a couple hours. It sounds like I missed out on a good day of riding. Hopefully I'll be able ride with you guys in a week and a half for that night ride. :ride:

So you'll be able to night ride in a week? You mean it wasn't dark at 4AM when you rode all of Holton? you must have had some set of lights.

duckboy

Jan 9, 2005
Who said it wasn't dark? :coocoo: I meant a night ride with some company.
The fact of the matter is I've only been able to ride a fun pace at night because I've been teaching my 9 year old step son and my new wife to ride. It's fun teaching but the pace bores me nearly to death. So I ride alone and usually get back to camp just about the time they're getting up.

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Ducky you inspired me. Friday night I was without wife and kid...Soooooo....I headed to the woods for some night riding.

Rode the upper part of the Holton Loop with the honda and got back around 7:00pm just as it was getting dark. Then I pulled the YZ out, mounted up the headlight (much better night rider than the CRFx) and headed out to the southern part of the Holton loop for about an hour. Too much fun.

Finially had areality check though. Smashed a tree pretty good and stalled the bike. As I am sitting there in the dark I came to realize something.

1. I cannot see 3" in front of my face
2. I have no idea where I am other than on the trail in front of me
3. I cannot see the trail in front of me
4. I forgot a flashlight.

So I fired the YZ back up and got the heck outta there. Night riding with friends is one thing. But out there on your own when no one knows where you are at...Thats a little creepy.

Still a heck of a lot of fun though.

duckboy

Jan 9, 2005
I hear ya that's why I have a small led headlight (straps to my head) in my chest protector, one large headlight in my backpack, my work and personal cell phones, the MCCCT book and my GPS with extra batteries. I do ride slower to be a little safer and I always leave a note as to where I'm riding and when I'll be back.

I am hunting the next two weekends over on the west side of the state. I'm hoping to do Saturday night rides and probably take the boy out for one last afternoon putt down a trail before it's to cold for him.

Top Bottom