Chain guide Mod

kdxdude

May 19, 2001
Hello. Ive done a search and cannot find any information about rear chain guide modification. I want to Run a 52T rear sproket with my 13T front for the tight woods here in BC Canada. I suspect when i install the new 52T rear sproket with the 13T CS i think the chain will rub badly in the rear chain guide. ANy suggestions?
Also, do you know the length of the chain i should use because the stock chain is going to be too short.

thanks alot!

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
www.frpoffroad.com

Jeff makes a chain guide that will fit. Call him -he don't answer e mail.

23jayhawk

Sponsoring Member
Apr 30, 2002
do you know the length of the chain i should use because the stock chain is going to be too short.
Using my chain spreadsheet, looks like a 13/52/110 will be 0.24" shorter than the stock setup (13/47/108), and a 13/52/112 will be 0.40" longer. You need to decide if you want to shorten up or lengthen the w/b a bit.

John Harris

Apr 15, 2002
I am with canyoncarvr use a 12 tooth and it is simple--no changes in chain length or guide required--even change back to 13 tooth in a jiff if you go riding in a flat or high speed area!!

limitless

subscribed
~SPONSOR~
Aug 11, 2002
doesn't thought cause a lot of extra wear & tear (because of the extra load)?

kdxdude

May 19, 2001
Thanks alot for the info. I was not really wantingto run a 12T CS due to people telling me it will cause alot of chain wear and accelerated CS wear.

Clark_W

Nov 12, 2002
On the chain guide topic, mine is worn out and it will need replacing before I start riding this year. I priced the stock pieces->$80 CDN. The Moose guide (which I believe is the same as the FRP guide...correct me if I am wrong) retails for $35 US..roughly comparable in price. Now my question is this: The stock chain guide has upper and lower wear blocks...but the Moose version appears to have only the lower wear block. Is this an issue?

andrew

Aug 7, 1999
Like they said - 12t, no probs. 12/46 = 13/50. Good gearing for any hill (well, almost any...)
Andrew

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…