kdxdude

May 19, 2001
Hello. Ive done a search and cannot find any information about rear chain guide modification. I want to Run a 52T rear sproket with my 13T front for the tight woods here in BC Canada. I suspect when i install the new 52T rear sproket with the 13T CS i think the chain will rub badly in the rear chain guide. ANy suggestions?
Also, do you know the length of the chain i should use because the stock chain is going to be too short.

thanks alot!

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
www.frpoffroad.com

Jeff makes a chain guide that will fit. Call him -he don't answer e mail.

23jayhawk

Sponsoring Member
Apr 30, 2002
do you know the length of the chain i should use because the stock chain is going to be too short.
Using my chain spreadsheet, looks like a 13/52/110 will be 0.24" shorter than the stock setup (13/47/108), and a 13/52/112 will be 0.40" longer. You need to decide if you want to shorten up or lengthen the w/b a bit.

John Harris

Apr 15, 2002
I am with canyoncarvr use a 12 tooth and it is simple--no changes in chain length or guide required--even change back to 13 tooth in a jiff if you go riding in a flat or high speed area!!

kdxdude

May 19, 2001
Thanks alot for the info. I was not really wantingto run a 12T CS due to people telling me it will cause alot of chain wear and accelerated CS wear.

Clark_W

Nov 12, 2002
On the chain guide topic, mine is worn out and it will need replacing before I start riding this year. I priced the stock pieces->$80 CDN. The Moose guide (which I believe is the same as the FRP guide...correct me if I am wrong) retails for $35 US..roughly comparable in price. Now my question is this: The stock chain guide has upper and lower wear blocks...but the Moose version appears to have only the lower wear block. Is this an issue?

Top Bottom