GrayH

Feb 19, 2006
Can anyone give me some advice on getting the the seals on my 92 200E4.
Do I need to undo the bottom compression valve to release the slider. Is there any special tools required.
Cheers
Gray

TriniG

Feb 5, 2002
To separate the inner tube from the outter tube requires a special Kawasaki Tool #57001-1057 and 57001-183 (which is a long rod and a "nut" like end that fits down inside. The outside requires an allan key. This is one job that needs the right tools.
I'd rather have the mechanic do the job than to delve into that job.

glad2ride

Jul 4, 2005
You will need a 14mm hex key for the bottom and a 30mm nut (face to face diamensions, not internal thread diameter) on a rod to loosen the damper rod.

TriniG, the 1057 tool is actually pyramid shaped, and something like the 1245 (which FRP copied) is much better.

Like most any jobs, having the proper tools makes a lot of difference.

GrayH

Feb 19, 2006
Done that a work tonight :laugh: and it came out a treat....so much for factory tools.
I must confess however that my mate sussed it out as soon as he had seen the problem(thanks Andy)
He only used a bit an 18" length of stud bar with two nuts at each end plus the 14mm allen key.
My next question is what is the "coating" on the bottom part of the slider....teflon??

glad2ride

Jul 4, 2005
Good job on getting it done.

To me, slider = outer tube. Are you asking about the inner tube (the chrome shiny one)?? Sorry for any confusion.

GrayH

Feb 19, 2006
Sorry yes I mean the shiny chrome one. At the bottom there is a thin brass(??) bush with grey coating. One is in perfect condition but is peeling off. Just wondering what it was.
Cheers
Gray

Top Bottom