jimyz

Nov 9, 2000
I'm wondering how rounded the yz is concerning overall use in most all types of riding. I ride mostly mx but get into the woods as well. I'm 5'10 160lbs with average skills, no racing, just fun.

trailtoy

Apr 16, 2002
Of all the 250 2 smokes the YZ is the most "well-rounded" of them all. The motor is awesome stock it pulls from right off idle and has power everywhere. I ride mine mostly in the tight rocky, snotty trails of western washington I rarely use the clutch and the bike can literally be ridden a gear higher than any of my freinds 2 smokes. The bike also sees regular track time and sand dune use. On the track just getting on a YZ will make you a faster rider, they are that good (and yes I have ridden most of the compettition). The only complaint is a little harshness from the fork. Other than that go get a YZ, ride it, and love it! O yea, i'm 5' 9" 165 lbs. if that helps.

armadillo

Jan 21, 2003
I agree the YZ 250 is awesome!!!

I just got an '03 about a month ago. I also have an '03 KTM 250exc. I just got into Dirt Biking this year. The KTM is for racing Hare Scrambles. However the YZ is so great it might take over that spot.

I ride the YZ on the track and have ridden a few trails it rocks on both. Just look at Barry Hawk kicking butt in the GNCC on a YZ 250!!

You can save some $$ by getting an '03 if you can find one. The '04 is not much different. Some improvements that would be nice to have namely the forks. Otherwise exact same engine.

jimyz

Nov 9, 2000
My only thought is going with the 250f or 250 two stroke. I have ridden an 02 250f and a 00 yz250, this is a tough decision. Any imput is appreciated.

Top Bottom