Chick's Ride - January 22nd @ Hollister

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
I was thinking meeting at Radio Ridge parking lot at 10 am? How does that sound. Some gals are coming from north of Sacramento. Nice leisurely start. ANy input from the ladies?

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Kimmylion said:
Okay girls...the day has been requested off and tomorrow I am checking with Grandma & Grandpa to reserve them for the day. Kim

Very cool, Kim! :cool:

I think I might also have Phirechick talked into coming down from Portola to ride with us!

Kenpogirl - Just join us! You will not regret meeting a group of women dirtbikers! I can't even begin to describe how cool it was the first time I met Karna, Jennifer, Firelilly, Woodschick, The Ant and 15 others at the Ladies Oregon Ride school going on three years ago....friends and dirtbuddies still to this day!

E-Ticket

~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2000
RockyRoads said:
I will be there! It will be so much fun!

And . . . I'll be on my NEW BIKE. Yes, I finally made a decision. I bought a 2005 KTM 400EXC. The dealer is setting it up for me (rejetting, changing the gearing, and adding some extra bling bling), and I'm supposed to pick it up this week! I'll be riding at Hollister this Friday with Petra (KDX200chic). I'll be sure to post a ride report (in another thread).
Kathy

Congrats, Kathy! You're gonna' love your new scoot!

If you have any questions, just ask Pierre (Jennifer's main squeeze) or myself -- we have... er... done a few mods to our Katooms. ;)

If you haven't already gotten a skidplate - I highly recommend the KTM "Six Days" Quick-Release, Plastic skid plate. Mine has held up real well to some pretty good abuse. Best of all, it pops on and off in only seconds (uses a Dzus fastener) and weighs very little.

Cheers! - RandyB

E-Ticket

~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2000
GETMETOCA said:
I was thinking meeting at Radio Ridge parking lot at 10 am? How does that sound. Some gals are coming from north of Sacramento. Nice leisurely start. ANy input from the ladies?

Howdy Natalie!

With all the monsoon rain you guys have been seeing - you might want to check conditions via a local dirtbike forum or an eye-witness rider before you head on up.

It should be okay -- but you never know -- could be a quagmire. Best of luck! - rb

Amber Farris

Mar 14, 2003
GETMETOCA said:
Very cool, Kim! :cool:

Kenpogirl - Just join us! You will not regret meeting a group of women dirtbikers! I can't even begin to describe how cool it was the first time I met Karna, Jennifer, Firelilly, Woodschick, The Ant and 15 others at the Ladies Oregon Ride school going on three years ago....friends and dirtbuddies still to this day!

I should be able to make the ride. It will be great meeting some fellow dirtbiker women. I have only ridden with a female twice, so this sounds awesome. I talked to my husband (my main riding partner) and he and my brother-inlaw will come up with me and they will have their own ride. If anyone has any hubbys looking for riding partners they can always ride with them. I see many of you are on big bikes and I am assuming have pretty decent skills. Just to let you guys know, my bike is very new for me and I am still getting used to it. I am just shy of touching and I am still getting the hang of the handling of my full size KTM vs my little KX100. Hopefully I will be able to keep up. :eek:

RockyRoads

Sponsoring Member
Aug 28, 2003
Kenpogirl said:
I see many of you are on big bikes and I am assuming have pretty decent skills. Just to let you guys know, my bike is very new for me and I am still getting used to it. I am just shy of touching and I am still getting the hang of the handling of my full size KTM vs my little KX100. Hopefully I will be able to keep up. :eek:

Kenpogirl, as with "other" things ;) the size of a rider's bike is not necessily an indicator of skill level. I'll be out there breaking in my new KTM400, but I'll be getting used to the differences and probably be going slower than if I were still on my beloved CRF230. The ride will be all about having fun, without any pressure to "prove" anything or go beyond your own comfort level.

Let's ride, ladies! :aj:
Kathy

Kpicha

Sep 11, 2004
Wow, I AM jealous!! :yeehaw: Aren't there ANY DC area women riders?? You ladies are sooo lucky so be able to ride together! Have a blast!! (That's my 5 yr old son's b-day so I wouldn't have been able to go anyway. Hee hee. ;) )

Amber, I hope the ride goes well for you! I'd love to hear how it all goes! :cool:

bbbom

~SPONSOR~
Aug 13, 1999
Even though I can't make it (way too far for me to drive from Washington State), some words of advice to those that are concerned that they can't keep up:

Don't worry about it! Everyone was a beginner at one time and the great thing about group rides like this is the other riders usually remember very well what it was like to be a beginner! It ain't no race, it's a fun ride and part of the fun is seeing the scenery and hanging with good friends.

Get your butt out there and have a great time, ride your own pace and just remember to never pass through an intersection in the trail unless the person behind you sees which way you go! That way, no one gets lost (theoretically)!

Sometimes you gotta stop & wait for the one behind you and sometimes they are right on your butt, just make sure everyone takes the same trail unless of course you want to split up for different difficulty levels, then set a meeting spot!

Just a reminder, cause I'm really bored and my bike is in pieces!

Amber Farris

Mar 14, 2003
Don't worry, I would never not go because I thought I couldn't keep up. ;) I always go the pace I am comfortable with and sometimes I like to go a little past that. There is nothing more thrilling than riding behind someone who is clearly faster. I cant help but try my hardest to keep up. It's not a pressure thing, it is a competitive thing. I ride with the guys usually and it is a mixed group of skill level. When you are all out to have a good time everyone has fun. In my group nobody has a problem with waiting at the intersections to make sure we don't lose anyone. Heck with my sense of direction, I would be in trouble if I got lost. :laugh: It is all about having fun and spending the ride home talking about how great it was and it sounds like you ladies share the same philosophy :cool:

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
For those of you who have not ridden at Hollister Hills yet, its all one-way trails and all fun stuff. If we venture off onto one of the Troll Trails, we'll be sure to have a sweep rider to assist those who are having difficulty.

I can assure you that I'm no speed demon (just ask NVR FNSH, Farmer John, Jonala, Quick Mick, Pierre, Buddy....any Nor Cal Spode....they have picked me and my bike up off the ground, dusted me off and got me going again plenty of times :) )

Ladies, this is about FUN! We always have sweeps, assist each other, wait at trail connectors, and have a good time.

This is gonna be a kickass time, I can just tell. :yeehaw:

jennifer

Apr 3, 2002
Whatever the level, there are going to be a lot of ladies out there. There are many different skill leveled trails at Hollister. This is going to be a blast!

CJ Rider

~SPONSOR~
Apr 3, 2000
California girls DO have more fun; LOL! Too swamped right now to make this one work, but next time I'd sure like to fly in and borrow a bike (from FireLily maybe?) to ride with ya'll! I wish my little bro would hurry up and move to California like he keeps saying so I can put an extra little bike in his garage for times like these. Ya'll have fun!

phirechick

Sponsoring Member
Jul 3, 2001
Tucker has a D-36 event at Praire City that weekend. I knew there would be something going on.

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
What's the level of riding like with the "dudes" that will be there? I'm not super-fast, but I may show up to see if I can keep up. I may see if I can get Rickyd to come out too.

Jonala

~SPONSOR~
Sep 20, 2000
Kawidude,
How Clear Creek instead. I think the Creek should of dried some by next week. I'll be bringing my nephew so there will be lots of regroups.

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
Jonala said:
Kawidude,
How Clear Creek instead. I think the Creek should of dried some by next week. I'll be bringing my nephew so there will be lots of regroups.

Clear Creek would be a little tougher for me to make than Hollister, but we'll see. I think it will depend on what the weather decides to do next week as well. I should know for sure sometime next week.

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
phirechick said:
Tucker has a D-36 event at Praire City that weekend. I knew there would be something going on.

:(

:ugg:

:eek: Vegas!!!!!!!!

Amber Farris

Mar 14, 2003
Kawidude said:
What's the level of riding like with the "dudes" that will be there? I'm not super-fast, but I may show up to see if I can keep up. I may see if I can get Rickyd to come out too.

I am planning to go up with my husband and brother-law and they are going to do their own ride. My brother-inlaw is very skilled and pretty fast and usually leads the pack. He has been riding all his life. My husband is a more conservative rider and hasn't been riding nearly as long. It is usually us three, and my brother inlaw is way faster than me and we ride great together. Everybody waits at every intersection and has fun. My husband usually rides last as he like to ride at his own pace and he likes me to ride ahead of him, so he does'nt worry about me. He's a great guy!!! If you want to ride with them, I am sure they wouldn't mind and you would have no reason to feel pressured. Like I said, we plan on going but I will confirm a few days before that it is for sure.

FireLily

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
Natalie, I'm coming!
I'll leave Buddy and the kids home and come by myself.
I can ride with you gals for few hours and have to leave by 2PM.

Tami, Jennifer and Karna, I can't wait to see you again!
Ellen and CJ, can you fly in SF, borrow our bikes (Pampera and KX100) and ride with us? bbbom, I have Buddy's KTM450 for you!

Those who I haven't met, I look forward to meeting you all soon!!
Mini

Top Bottom