Chick's Ride - January 22nd @ Hollister

WoodsChick

Apr 16, 2002
FireLily said:
Natalie, I'm coming!
Mini

Alright!! This is shaping up to be a reunion of sorts for me, as I never ever get to see any of you gals any more...why is that?

If I promise not to scratch/crash/drown/break it in half, will you let me take the 250X for a spin? You can go with me and keep your eye on me at all times, I promise! I'll probably be riding my 125.

And Jennifer, don't worry, Eric is just fine...for now. Let's just say that we're making our child-free lifestyle permanent this Friday :yeehaw:

WoodsChick

jennifer

Apr 3, 2002
Mini! I am so excited that you are coming! Thanks for fitting us in! It should be a fun ride... a good day to resee the old group. I look forward to meeting the new ladies too!

Kawidude, my husband is an intermediate rider. He would be happy to ride with you at whatever level.... He is looking forward to hooking up with all of the significant others....

Jonala, you should come to Hollister!

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Alright Mini! Glad you're in!

I think I will do a roll call in the first post with a list of who's coming.

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Does anyone want to meet for breakfast at Jerry's in Hollister before the ride?

FireLily

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
If I promise not to scratch/crash/drown/break it in half, will you let me take the 250X for a spin? You can go with me and keep your eye on me at all times, I promise!
Tami, of course, you can take my bike for a spin! I want to hear your opinion. I know you are not going to do anything bad to the bike unless you are riding in Idaho or Utah or all those extreme places you and Eric go. :)
Mini

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
Alright, it looks like myself and rickyd will be coming out on the 22nd to ride with some of the "dudes" while the "chicks" do their own thing. Just make sure a few people let us know what vehicles to look for on the Radio Ridge before then. I have a beige 4Runner pulling a black trailer with a KTM 450 EXC. Look forward to seeing you all!

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
GETMETOCA said:
Does anyone want to meet for breakfast at Jerry's in Hollister before the ride?

Now THERE is a woman that is full of great ideas! :aj: By the way, there's a great new shop called Faultline Motorsports that just opened in Hollister about 2 blocks away from Jerry's if anyone needs last minute stuff. It's on your left hand side as you come into town. They appear to open around 8am and they're open Saturdays AND Sundays, which is huge.

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
bbbom said:
Hmmmm $250 to fly from Spokaloo to LAX.......................... :think:

Try Spokane to San Jose. It might be cheaper and San Jose is several hundred miles closer to Hollister.

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
bbbom said:
I'm about 15 minutes from Oakland airport if you need a ride too Hollister..
Rick

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
bbbom said:

DO IT!! :yeehaw: I just added your name to the attendees list!

Try San Jose, Oakland, SFO, Sacramento......

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
If bbbom still needs a bike I can always bring my XR400 out as well. It's no CR500 but it still runs great...at least it did the last time I started it. Just let me know and I'll bring it out. I live 10 minutes away from Hollister Hills so it's no hassle at all. The only thing is that I'd probably need to leave by 2 or 3 p.m.

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Yeah, Hollister is about and hour south of San Jose Int and about an hour and a half from Oakland.. Oakland is a easier airport, not as much traffic & people as SJ FWIW
Rick

jennifer

Apr 3, 2002
Kawidude, We always park on Radio Ridge also. In fact, maybe we could plan to have everyone meet there? For those of you who have not been to Hollister, Radio Ridge is the first left after the TT track.
We have a goldish/silverish Toyota Tundra... one 05 KTM450EXC (Pierre) and one KTM250EXC (actually 351 after the big bore kit).

E-Ticket

~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2000
Anybody got directions from I-5 to Hollister? - rb

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
From I-5 North or South:

Take 156 East toward Gilroy/San Jose 25 miles est. (Aka Pacheco Pass Road)
Take 152 West into Hollister 5 miles est. (just Past Casa de Fruita)
Turn Left on Union Road 3 miles or so to Hollister Hills
Follow signs to Hollister OHV

Kawidude, that sound right?

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
Pretty close Nat! I just double-checked on Yahoo Maps to be sure I had the road names correct.

-The exit off of 5 is actually 152-Pacheco Pass Highway. (If you're coming from the North, heading South on 5, you can take the 33 exit heading Southwest and that will take you to 152-West).

-Stay on 152 West until you see signs for Casa de Fruta (on your left side).

-Just past that you'll see signs for 156 taking you into Hollister. (If you stay on 152 you'll end up in Gilroy and you'll have to back-track.) Make the left onto 156.

-Stay on 156 for a few miles. Go through the light at Fairview Rd. and then make a left on San Felipe Rd.

-You'll pass the airport on the right and eventually you'll pass the 25 junction on your right. Keep going straight on San Felipe and you'll see Jerry's diner on the left just past the 25 junction.

-If you're eating at Jerry's, come on in! If not, keep going straight on San Felipe. I believe it changes to San Andreas St. for a few blocks and then changes back to San Felipe (I have no idea why). Take San Felipe all the way through town until you reach the end of the street at Union Rd.

-Go right on Union. You'll go a short distance and then make a left on Cienega.

-Just follow the signs for about 7 miles and make a right turn into the Hollister Hills entrance.

I hope that makes sense to everyone!

E-Ticket

~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2000
Thanks, guys! :cool: - RandyB

Kav

Crash Master
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 20, 2001
I think I'll have to stop on by for this...

kdx200chick

Mar 27, 2004
Kav said:
I think I'll have to stop on by for this...
AAAAAHHHH.....You should....I rode Hollister today and it was the most fun I've had there in probably a year! The dirt was almost perfect! And the buldozers had gone in and prepped it really nice!!!

:aj:

kdx200chick

Mar 27, 2004
I forgot to mention....I'll be there at 10 a.m. but I HAVE to leave at noon for a birthday party.....

Disregard the original rsvp.....It's a YES!!!!

I don't wanna leave......Maybe my daughter can walk to this party.... hmmmmm...... naaaah...I better leave at noon....

Petra

Kimmylion

Dec 14, 2004
So, KDXchic..where r u? Let's ride!

Jennifer, r u the same of Joebar? If so, those are some nice pics on the "wife wars" I saw on another forum.

I don't think I'm going to do the breakfast thing. Coffee and a donut and some more coffee do it for me. A full breakfast would be too much.

Embarrassed as I am to say this....I do not yet own a chest protector. I am going to see if I can manage to buy one but if for some reason I can't....does anyone have an extra beat one I could borrow for the day? I am 5'10 180#. I am so excited about being able to test my limits just a little and want to be more protected than I am.

I am looking so forward to Saturday. See ya! Kim

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Kimmy, I have bratt's gear here at the house while she is in Australia...I'm sure she won't mind if you borrow her chest protector!!! I'll bring it.

Top Bottom