VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
Here's a tip for next year Patman; try adding a little filler (like say beans or something). Your chili will taste just as swell and maybe everyone in attendance will get the chance to try some. ;)

And by the way, I used more meat than you. :nener:

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Beans are good.... so is monkey meat ;)

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
VintageDirt said:
And by the way, I used more meat than you. :nener:
Real meat or ground up stuff? You know the stuff like they put in soup, canned chili and dog food.

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
Patman said:
Real meat or ground up stuff? You know the stuff like they put in soup, canned chili and dog food.
Pork chops.

Keep doing it your way if you like being a loozer. :cool:

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
I thought ALL the chili's at DW03 were good, too bad none of them were spicy though :nener: Next year I may have to enter just so VD, Pants and I can enjoy some real fire breathing Chili.

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
GETMETOCA said:
"cayenne"

Thanks, I couldn't get my spell checker to have any thing to do with that word.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
That would be great Eddie! I was kinda' disappointed in the heat index of mine the past couple years but wanted to keep it from killing mere mortals. My usual batch is about 3 times hotter with more spice punch :cool:

Hey VD, even CR, RC, and BS don't win them all :moon:

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
Patman said:
Hey VD, even CR, RC, and BS don't win them all :moon:
That's true. I'm probably going to retire from the chili series next year and only compete in select indoor events. So actually, you do have a chance. You'll still have to beat Nikki cuz I was just the 1st loozer. :worship:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
gospeedracer said:
Where are the turkey chili receipes? :)
Filed away under Tofu Toppings.

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
XRpredator said:
what's next, fish chili? :coocoo:
All I know is if I ever make that trip to Baja, I'm eating lots of fish tacos.

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
XRpredator said:
that's wrong in so many ways :|
I don't mean those kind of 'em, I mean real tacos wit fish. It's big in Baja, so I hear.

Oh never mind, I'll just settle for kissing Super Hunky on the lips and getting real drunk. Can we still say drunk? :pissed:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
kmccune said:
Thanks, I couldn't get my spell checker to have any thing to do with that word.

You can't spell cayenne and you raz us? :moon:

And to think I thought this thread wasn't getting any action becasue I hadn't seen any notifications! :rotfl:

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Tony Eeds said:
You can't spell cayenne and you raz us? :moon:

Yup :nener:

Oh, and fish tocos are good eats :cool:

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
VintageDirt said:
I don't mean those kind of 'em, I mean real tacos wit fish. It's big in Baja, so I hear.
They are excellent!! Best fish tacos I've ever had were at a little family run roadside stand (dirt road next to the beach where all the fishermen come in) in Cabo San Lucas. $.10 each! We sat there and stuffed our faces. Yum. :cool:

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
VintageDirt said:
I don't mean those kind of 'em, I mean real tacos wit fish.
no, the real tacos with fish is what's wrong. The other kind are best ;)
I'll just settle for kissing Super Hunky on the lips and getting real drunk. Can we still say drunk? :pissed:
now don't get me wrong, I like Super Hunky, but kissin' him on the lips? :coocoo:

be sure to get pictures, though ;)

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
This thread needs to see the light of day again with all the jockeying for position in the chili cookoff at DirtWeek.

VintageDirt said:
All I know is if I ever make that trip to Baja, I'm eating lots of fish tacos.

XRpredator said:
that's wrong in so many ways

If God had not meant for it to be eaten ... aw nevermind :yikes:

For true chiliheads ... Pepper Joe's Hot Pepper Heat Scale.

Screw the beans, add peppers! :yeehaw:

Check this out!

John Raven said:
Eatin' chili may contain beans, but competition chili won't contain beans or any other substance considered filler; i.e., macaroni, rice or oatmeal.

Come on now, stand up and take your beating!

I'm a no beans man myself, although my dad made a fine pot of chili with kidney beans. Based upon the above quote, that would make it Eatin' Chili ... :aj:

ChopperDave

It's been awhile...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 1, 2004
Soooo... Can any spode enter the chili contest? Mine don't got no beans or corn or mesa/masa!

Best comment I've seen so far said add more peppers. Thats me, so if you eat mine you will think about it twice. When you eat it and the next day!

Did I forget to mention, I make some damn fine chili?

I'm not even going to talk about the fish taco thing! I always get into trouble with such things. :ohmy:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
ChopperDave said:
Soooo... Can any spode enter the chili contest? Mine don't got no beans or corn or mesa/masa!

Everyone is welcome to cook up a batch of chili, if they so desire. Versions often found in Chili Parlors across the south and the unique chilis found in parts of the midwest (i.e. served on spaghetti) do not seem to fair well against the more tame versions of the concoction.

Bring it on and be ready to bribe all voters to place your cauldron of gastronome pleasure at the top of their list.

Top Bottom