BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Recipe for Monkey Gland Steak, a very popular South African dish. Don't worry, it's only a name, the monkeys are safe. But it is fun to use on your guests.

•Ingredients: (makes 8 servings) •1/2 cup water •oil for frying •1 large onion diced •2 large tomatoes diced (canned tomatoes work just as well) •1 cup of ketchup •1/2 cup of Worcestershire sauce •2 cloves of garlic finely chopped •3/4 -1 cup of Major Greys chutney •1/2 cup of brown sugar •2 Tblsp. vinegar •1 tsp. Tabasco sauce

In a heavy skillet, heat oil. Sauté onions and garlic until soft. Add remaining ingredients, mix well and simmer for a few minutes. Fry the steaks separately. When done frying spoon the sauce over the steaks. Serve with steak fries.

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
What's a chutney? Is that like a flan?

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
chutney is a sauce made with chunky fruit and spices, you can get mixed fruit chutney, apricot chutney, mango chutney, some chutney's have added chillies, so you can get hot or mild chutneys as well - very tasty - can have with just about anything, steaks, chicken, fish etc. :)

Albertsons, United, Marsh etc stock chutney, of the English brands Major Greys is pretty good, from India you get Poonjajis which is the best ! - My favorite is Poonjajis Hot Tomatoe chutney.

Monkey Gland Sauce is just a very spicy sauce made up from different sauces, spices and chutney, I think the name came from monkeying around, and has never had anything to do with Monkeys. The steak you prepare as usual, marinate, BBQ or fry.

If you can't find chutney, you can always use half a cup of apricot jam.

Last edited:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
What's the deal with all this monkey stuff lately? Are we all going ape or what!:)

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Danman, you gotta give it a bash man :p

Talking about monkeys, that Pampera's hard as a plank thing they call a seat has me feeling a bit monkey butt today :scream:

Top Bottom