Happy Summer Solstice! Kebab Recipes

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Today marks the first day of summer....Ahhhhh! :cool:

I've been chillin' and grillin' in the backyard since May, maybe that's just a California thing. Thought I'd share my latest creations:

Ginger and Black Bean Swordfish Kebabs

Chunks of Swordfish 1.5"
Chunks of Red Bell Pepper
Chunksof Pineapple

Marinade
1 T Black Bean Sauce
1 T Chopped Ginger
1 tsp sesame oil or olive oil
zest of half a lime
juice of half a lime
salt and pepper

Cover the fish in the marinade at least 1 hour, then thread onto skewars with the pineapple and pepper chunks. Grill! :cool:

Greek Halibut and Shrimp Kebabs

Halibut Chunks 1.5"
Large Prawns (tiger prawns)
Zucchini and Red Pepper chunks

Marinade
Two tsp Oregano, fresh, chopped fine
Two cloves garlic, minced fine
salt and pepper
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1/4 cup white vinegar
1 T Olive Oil

Marinade the halibut and prawns in the sauce at least 1 hour, skewar with peppers and Zucchini. Grill! :cool:

What are your grilling recipes?

Last edited:

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
bleh, seafood . . .

Pred's Grill Recipe
1 steak
1 grill
2 beers

Light grill. Put steak on grill. Drink 1/2 beer. Flip steak. Drink other 1/2 beer. Remove steak. Open second beer. Eat steak and drink 2nd beer.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
At least 50% of the action my grill gets is steaks.

My refinements to Pred's recipe:

Grind some pepper and sprinkle some kosher salt on the outside of the steak.

Let sit on the counter for at least 1/2 hour (want to bring the inside of the meat up to room temperature)

Preheat grill - get it as hot as it will go.

Slap the steaks on the grill. Depending on grill heat and steak thickness you are going for 3 - 6 minutes per side for medium rare. 4 minutes per side will probably get you in the ball park.

After grilling both sides, remove meet from grill and place in a covered dish to rest for at least 5 minutes.

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
dirt bike dave said:
After grilling both sides, remove meet from grill and place in a covered dish to rest for at least 5 minutes.

Dead meat has to rest? :think:

Rooster's & Squeaky's Kabobs:

• Filet Mignon Tips - either seasoned with salt, pepper, and garlic or marinated (we typically marinade in Kraft Zesty Italian dressing)
  • Green and/or Red Bell Pepper - cut into chunks
  • White Mushrooms - leave whole
  • 1/2 White Onion - cut into chunks

Skewer ingredients in the order of meat, veggie, meat, another veggie, etc...and grill until desired doneness.

We typically serve our kabobs with "Potatoes and Onions" (yes, the names for our recipes are VERY creative! :laugh: )

Potatoes & Onions
  1. Cut desired amount of Baby Red Bliss Potatoes into chunks
  2. Place chunks on sheet of tin foil
  3. Use the remaining 1/2 of the white onion chunks - separate the pieces and spread over the potatoes on the tin foil.
  4. Place roughly 4 tablespoons of butter throughout the potatoes and onions.
  5. Season with salt and pepper, and parsley if desired...
  6. Cover with another tin foil piece making a "pan"
  7. Cook on grill until potatoes are done.

Enjoy with your favorite beer or red wine!

Last edited:

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
GETMETOCA said:
Squeaky say's "Don't Let Your Meat Loaf!"

:rotfl:

:rotfl: LMAO! That's funny!

placelast

Apr 11, 2001
GETMETOCA said:
:think: Pirates eat seafood.

...and loggers don't do the fishy thing, for some reason; jr. and I, on our road tip/vacation 2 weeks ago, stopped at a loggers chow house in Samoa (north of Eureka - http://humboldtdining.com/cookhouse/) and saw pork, chicken, beef and other dead farm animals on the menu but nothing form the sea that day, for some odd reason, and we wanted to try some. Their web page said they do. Perhaps being so close to the water, the loggers were sick of it and had to have something that bleeds most of the time...

Oh: their museum is well worth the stop, as it has not only logging equipment but a slew of cooking implements as well. And the smell of fresh-baking bread was throughout the place.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
squeaky said:
Dead meat has to rest? :think:

Yep, a sizzling steak should rest before you cut into it.

Fresh of the grill, the juices inside are under pressure. They will ooze all over your plate when you cut into the meat.

If you let it rest, the juices stay in the meat and end up in your mouth where they belong.

Top Bottom