russ_220

May 31, 2002
I bought a clarke 3.1 gallon tank for my 02 YZ250 and had some minor difficulties putting it on. The holes on the tank and the holes on the two brackets that hold the tank to the frame did not line up and required re-drilling, the feul petcock leaked very bad until the two screws were torqued twice as tight as they were on the stock tank, and the radiator shrouds dont fit right, they stick out 1/2 an inch on top close to where they bolt to the tank. Has anyone had these problems with a clarke tank, I have done some research and they are supposed to be perfect compared to the IMS. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks

jacksoj

Dec 11, 2001
Don't know about the Clarke tank, but the IMS tank has the same problem with the radiator shrouds. The bolts that hold the tank to the frame don't line up very well either.

NiftyNic

Apr 1, 2002
I just put a 3.2 gallon IMS tank on my 03 YZ 250 and everything fit great including the shrouds. Had to coax one of the mounting bolts under the tank a little bit, but it fit real well and no leaks. It came with an extra gasket that went under the stock petcock instead of just using the o-ring set-up that the stocker does.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom