clutch levers

kdxmadman04

Mar 9, 2003
i have a 2000 kdx and i can only find huge long levers for the clutch and its a bitch to pull it in and it hurst the way the levers are and i cant find anyone who makes a curved short one anyone have ideas its hard to pull in the air to tap the rear brake give me some ideas please

skipro3

Mod Ban
Dec 14, 2002
I can barely make sense of this post without puctuation, bad spelling, no caps. Raptor makes a short lever that has a setting to reduce clutch pull by 325%.
http://www.rockymountainmc.com/home.asp?sid=0002677331
A KX is shorter too but you will need to dremel the pivot base to make it fit right. Magura makes a hydraulic clutch. Not sure what you mean when you say it's a bitch to pull it in. If you have trouble pulling in a long lever, you won't find a short one easier. In fact, if you are having trouble pulling in the clutch at all, either you have clutch problems, a cable binding or need a quad with automatic. KDX's are known as girls bikes. I wouldn't be too quick to announce that I couldn't handle the clutch.

skipro3

Mod Ban
Dec 14, 2002
From another Thread, someone was observing only seeing KTM's at races except the occasional KDX ridden by a female. Also, most KTM riders call KDX's girl bikes.

tedkxkdx

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 6, 2003
You can also change your clutch perch to any brand. So find a lever you like and by the entire clutch perch and lever assembly.

kdxmadman04

Mar 9, 2003
well imean the lever is soo long that i cant move the perch in close enough to the bar middle cuz the bend in the bars and my clutch is fine and i am probably alot stronger thatn the average rider thank you i also have very large hands bigger than normal so that doesnt help

Jackpiner57

~SPONSOR~
Aug 11, 2002
HUH?

The KDX clutch lever should not be any harder to pull than most bikes. You can cut the lever down to the length you like. If you want the ball on the end, you can weld it back on, or have somebody do it. It shouldn't cost much, maybe ten bucks.

If your hands are large and strong, you should be using only one finger to operate your clutch. That leaves the other three to hold on to the bars.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…