Zach_951

Aug 3, 2006
Hi, i am new to this site but need help. The clutch on my RM250 Is having some serioius issues. It doesnt engage. When you pull in the clutch lever, it is like there is no cable connected. I thought that it either broke or just disconnected from somewhere, but took off the ignition cover and it was still connected. The cable is not broken either. Any suggestions?

xxBLAZExx

Jun 18, 2006
(IMO)Sounds like its time to open'er up and look for broken parts.?.? (I havn't had this problem yet so you might want to wait for others to post-up) :nod:

Zach_951

Aug 3, 2006
Ok, ill tell you what we saw yesterday. We took the ignition cover off yesterday, and the little piece (i dunno what it is called) that the clutch cable connects to, just moves freely. I dunno if it is the clutch itself or what but either way, its not working.

xxBLAZExx

Jun 18, 2006
''but took off the ignition cover and it was still connected.''

''We took the ignition cover off yesterday,''

You keep saying the ignition cover do you mean clutch cover?

xxBLAZExx

Jun 18, 2006
Well the only reason I say that is my clutch cable runs to my clutch and to inspect it I would have to remove my clutch cover. Like I said the only thing that has went wrong with my bike in that area was replacing the cable itself. There are many knowagleable people here and I am sure one of them will post up soon! :cool:

2strokerfun

May 19, 2006
not familiar with that particular engine, but there should be a rod that goes across your crankcase from that pivot point where your cable hooks up. On the end of the rod should be an adjustment. On some bike, you can remove a screw on the side of the clutch cover to adjust this. I'm wondering if yours came off or is so loose that it is causing this problem. You are going to have to look on the clutch side to find your answer.

Top Bottom