Clutch Trouble with TM Racing EN 300

kinada423

Nov 29, 2006
I recently got a 1999 TM Racing En 300 and after several week s of riding the bike it now remains stuck in gear. I have removed the magura hydraulic clutch section down near the shift lever and can't seem to get enough pressure into the lines to push the rod to disengage the clutch. Even when it feels like I have a lot of pressure on the lines and squeeze the clutch it is not disengauging. Could this be a blockage in the clutch line or do I need to look elswhere? Does anyone know where I can find a manual on one of these guys? There isn't any information on the TM racing website.

rhino105

Nov 15, 2002
There is no repair manual, only parts books. If the clutch master is a Magura then someone replaced it. As far as I know 99 TM's had a Gremeca master. In my 2000 300e I change trans fluid every ride or two and use ATF. It does not shift if I don't. Here is a link to the TM distributer in Canada where the have links to the books that do exist.http://www.tmmotorcycles.com/tm_manuals.htm

kinada423

Nov 29, 2006
Yeah I spoke with the guy at MotoWest and he informed me that someone had to have changed the master for me to be running a Magura. I'm pretty sure the plunger is bad on the master cylinder so I need to get a new one. Anyone have any suggestions on what to get. Should I stay with Magura or look elsewhere?

MikeS

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 12, 2000
Some TM's had the Magura on it or fitted by others...You can get a Magura master from Magurausa or a KTM Dealer. The Magura is a fine unit.
You should get a new lower slave also.
You can try motoxerotica in georgia as he has some parts. I have some parts left and I will check if I have an older 250/300 slave or repair kit. the slave plunger has a tendency to wear funny causing it loose fluid and pressure. It is normal after a season or 2 of riding.

RAH RAH

Aug 30, 2003
take a large syringe and press some atf fluid up the clutch from the slave. that will fill it with fluid and you can find a leak. I got a few syringes from a home health place and the proved to be very handy. all you do is get all of the air from the bottom of a hose on the syringe and put it on the valve then cracker open adn press. It wont take much then you can feel the clutch lever coming back!

Top Bottom