cold weather jacket/pants, what's good?

Nevada Sixx

Jan 14, 2000
hi,, I like the enduro/snow jackets in the new Bob's catalog,,
What do you guys wear in winter? I like the one i saw that looked like it has a star on the left chest for about 179. And what about pants,, do any of you wear the bibs? Whats a good all around brand for cold misty days?

thanks.

MR.WR

Apr 7, 2000
For an outter shell I like GORE-TEX. Great at breaking the wind, and works well in the rain and snow. My jacket has zippers under the arm pits to allow for air to flow inside the jacket when I start to heat up.

As for a layering, I like a "wicking" material next to my body to help draw away sweet. Then I put on my riding gear over the "wicking" layer, then the GORE-TEX as an outter shell. http://www.thenorthface.com/index_products.html

Rick

Blue Thunder

~SPONSOR~
Dec 20, 2000
Hey Nevada..for north MS. you shouldn't need anything more than a heavy
t-shirt LOL..For the winter time riiding this combo works for me..granted this is only for dry conditions. If the moisture is falling..I'll be watching from inside. I start off w/a t-shirt/then Cabela's Expedition weight thermal underwear, turtle neck, then heavy sweat shirt of jersey. The same thermals for the bottom half under my riding pants. If you layer correctly you won't have to worry about bulk or cold. Hope this helps..BTW, I grew up in Vicksburg MS, oh how I wish we could have those mild winters in KC.
Jason

Top Bottom