James Miller

Jul 26, 2002
...My friend got a table dropped on her head yesterday. Anyway.....I was talking to her on the phone, and she sounded down and everything, and I asked her what was wrong. She said, "I dunno". Then later she tells me she has a headache and feels nausiated, and says that a table hit her in the head. She couldn't remember how it happened. Then she asked me directions to somewhere she has been going every week. I decided to meet her there, and see if she was alright. When I got there she started calling me George....My name is James. She looked like she was in agony, and when I tried to comfort her, she was scared of me. She now tells me she couldn't place who I was at first, and that I looked farmiliar but she couldn't place me. She also....(and i'm dead serious)...started talking about her brother wearing a dress with yellow flowers on it....and started crying when we told her that he was NOT wearing that. After that, I convinced her to call her parents...to see if they would drive her home, and they said no, and told her she was lying. While I was there, I changed a flat tire on her dually.

Anyway...all this to say...today she CLAIMS she does not remember much about yesterday. She does not remember her talking about her brother wearing the dress, she does not remember me changing her tire, and she does not remember much about the day before that when I saw her and we talked for 2 hours.
She has a hard time remembering names for small things like spoons socks...etc.
I guess my question is, is she just pulling my leg? I totally beleive her. She has never been able to lie to me. I'm very worried about her....What should I do?
James

tony91

~SPONSOR~
Jan 30, 2002
Maybe talk to the parents to see if she has any history of such behavior. It seems sort of cold for them to just turn her away like that...unless...it's happen before. That may be overstepping your bounds... but if she not lying, it's a serious problem and she needs to be checked out ASAP.

James Miller

Jul 26, 2002
yeah, she repeats herself a lot....just now i'm talking to her sis on IM, and she keeps walking by and saying hi like every 5 minutes....I talked to her mother last night, and i'll try to get in touch again. She has no history of this, and her mother thanked me for the heads up.

James

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Been there done that! Definitely sounds like a concussion. get her to the doc get her checked out.

acanz

Damn Yankees
Dec 7, 2004
Once I fell from a bike doing about 20mph without a helmet (it was a BMXer... not a MXer) and landed next to my eyebrow-bone thing and slid on it. I was somwhat like that, wasnt that bad though. If youve ever seen someone high on drugs, thats how I was (thats how my friends and family described it - they actually thought I was high, not concussed). I remember everything, but I dont remember repeating myself or anything but everyone said I was so I guess I have to believe them. Take her to a doctor, they know best and will tell you whats wrong.

BradFrost

Jan 2, 2005
This is definitely a matter for a doctor and a radiologist. If her folks won't take her do it yourself. High Lord's got the dope on not letting her sleep.... especially if she seems to be getting worse in terms of motor function and memory. Hydration is essential till you get to the Dr, which shouldn't be delayed considering we're talking about this chicks CPU. :ugg:

Glitch

~SPONSOR~
Dec 3, 2001
Dude, this sound serious. Like forget about if she'll hate you for taking her to the docters, but she defnitely needs to be looked at. Giving it time is not the best idea, even if she will end up being fine, leaving it be and not doing anything is not the best idea...

Top Bottom