truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
I am considering a 2019 WR250F dual sport. I loved my YZ250F's in the past but am old and broken. Compressed vertebrae in my lower back and cervical degeneration in my neck. Doubt I'll ever ride an MX track again but can see myself doing some good single track on occasion.

I would ultimately love a KTM450EXC but considering how little I will actually ride and my budget the WR seems more in line with reality.

The CRF250L is a possibility too but I am a Yamaha fan at heart and am thinking with that little peppy engine and a Rekluse clutch, open the airbox and maybe a new pipe then I may have the best fit for me.

Anyone out there with experience of the WR? Thoughts?

Ivan

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Ivan, Check out the Beta 390. I have heard great things for it on the road and capability on the trail.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Agree! The Beta 390RR looks to be pretty great in 2019 and improved for the 2020 model.

Doubt I'll ever ride an MX track again but can see myself doing some good single track on occasion.

That's my reality as well, but I like the "single and a half track ", lol. These days, the mountain desert and a fast side by side are looking pretty sweet.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Ivan - the WR250F is still a great engine and I doubt you'd be disappointed. That said, my Beta 300 4t trials bike is SPECTACULAR. I've been super impressed with everything I've seen from them over the last couple of years. If I were in the market for the type of bike you're looking for I would a give the Beta X-Trainer a hard look along with the 390 4t already mentioned.

2020: Xtrainer - Beta USA

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
The Beta is nice but over $10k... The X-trainer is $7,600 and closer to what I may be able to get... the WR250 around here are around $5500. For as much as I would ride I can't justify double the cost but maybe the X-trainer.

Having said that if I can find a way to justify it I will. My favorite bike shop is a Beta dealer (was Gas Gas until a few years ago) and I would love to buy a bike with them... they are definitely the salt of the earth and the type that is in business for the sport. They do a lot for everyone around here.

Top Bottom