keefbikes

Apr 16, 2007
:aj: I was just cleaning up the 440 I have and I had it running. I noticed there was a clear tube going into the crank case/Tran area. Is there supposed to be coolant or oil running through it? And if I want to drain and change the coolant how do I do it and what do I use? Please help, I would like to do it right the first time and not screw up my bike. Also how do I adjust the fuel mixture, I had to turn a screw between the air cleener and the cab three turns to the right to keep the bike ideling but it sure smokes alot even after I warm it up. It is a 2 stroke. :worship:

Surfrider

Apr 9, 2007
well the clear tube could be for transmission ventillation, if so you not see anything running through this, it is for releivng built up pressure, any water vapor etc.. To drain the coolant, there should be a screw on your water pump housing,open it up and drain it out. to fill, close the screw back in fill the radiator, run it for a minute to get any trapped air out. the level should sit 10mm below the fill neck. As far as your air screw, try fully seating it to the right and open it to the left 1 1/2 turns to 2 turns, this will give you a good base to start from...being that it is a 2 stroke it will always smoke

Top Bottom