Cooperland-Dirtweek will be awesome!

99CR125OK

Sponsoring Member
Oct 3, 2000
Me and a friend made a trip to Cooperland for the practice on Saturday. I just have one thing to say about Cooperland, It is the most awesome track I've ever rode on! We got there around 9 am saturday morning and walked the track before practice opened. It was so awesome to walk the track and there were NO knobby tracks on it anywhere! The track was prepped so well, it was unbeleivable :)

I didn't check out any of the trails, but if they are anywhere near the quality of the track, I'm sure they are awesome. The PeeWee track is better than alot of the motocross tracks I've rode on! Even it was fully prepped for practice. For everyone considering going to Dirtweek '02, you won't be dissapointed.

Well, enough day dreaming about riding, gotta get back to work :whiner:

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
I talked to Chuck Cooper on Saturday. He spoke VERY hoighly of the "kid" as he calls him that runs Cooperland.

99CR125OK

Sponsoring Member
Oct 3, 2000
Yeah, we talked to a few of the guys helping out with sing-in's and stuff and they were all extremely nice and spoke highly of the new ownership. Apparently he is very committed to having a first class facility. I know I'm going to give all the support I can. He's doing an excellent job from what I've seen :)

Were you ther Saturday JustQL? Everytime I go ride I wonder how many DRN'ers are there and I just don't know it. :confused:

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
No, I was at the 500 on Saturday. What days are they having practices and what does it cost??

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
The track at Cooperland is challenging but safe. A spode can have a good time without a huge risk of injury from coming up short on a jump. Chris seems to be very commited to having a quality facility that will keep riders coming back.

99CR125OK

Sponsoring Member
Oct 3, 2000
I'll have to check my flyer but I'm pretty sure they practice on Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday(when the're not racing). Price is $10.00 to practice. I went to Extremeworld last night and it was such a letdown to think it cost me more to ride there than it did at Cooperland :whiner:

Top Bottom