125rider

Nov 8, 2000
I have a 98 Cr 125 and I really enjoy riding it. When i first got the bike I fouled plugs left and right and then my friend jetted the bike for me. It worked great. But now again the same problem has started again and also when i quickly accelerate the bike goes then suddenly boggs down. If i gradually gve it gas their is no problem but that quick throttle gives me a problem. Any ideas on how to solve this problem?

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Something has caused it too run lean.. Try turning the choke on and see what it does..
RIck

A-RustyDemon

~SPONSOR~
Dec 9, 2002
Well the bogging on the quick hit of the throttle kind of sounds like water in the fuel bowl, it's often over looked. All it take is a droplet to on the tip of the jet to clog it. Also check your pilot jet for trash muckin' up the flow. But then again it could just be time to clear the old air filter or time for a new on. If you haven't cleaned it recently, clean it let it dry.. then hold it in front of a good flashlight. If you see any dark spots that equals clogged pores. Just a few thoughts. ;p

Big Daddy

~SPONSOR~
Dec 10, 2002
I have a 1998 cr125. It to was lean and bogged when cracking the gas before it hit the midrange. When it got past the bog, hang on. Go to a honda dealer and buy an new 1468 needle. (16012-KS6-004) Put the clip in the 3rd grove. The problem is really at 1/2 gas, this is were the needle will fix it. Right now I run it in the 4th spot because of 40-50 degree temps. I ran it in the 3rd clip up to 90 degrees. These settings are with an FMF fatty pipe. There specs on there own web site were to lean in midrange for me. I run a 52 Slow jet 1.5-2 turns out and an 165-167 main jet. You may be able to run a 50 slow jet if your idle gets to low, this needle will make it rich at 1/4 gas. Try to adjust the idle with the slow jet more the the choke knob.

get2bill

Mar 3, 2008
Maryland
I have a 1998 cr125. It to was lean and bogged when cracking the gas before it hit the midrange. When it got past the bog, hang on. Go to a honda dealer and buy an new 1468 needle. (16012-KS6-004) Put the clip in the 3rd grove. The problem is really at 1/2 gas, this is were the needle will fix it. Right now I run it in the 4th spot because of 40-50 degree temps. I ran it in the 3rd clip up to 90 degrees. These settings are with an FMF fatty pipe. There specs on there own web site were to lean in midrange for me. I run a 52 Slow jet 1.5-2 turns out and an 165-167 main jet. You may be able to run a 50 slow jet if your idle gets to low, this needle will make it rich at 1/4 gas. Try to adjust the idle with the slow jet more the the choke knob.
Does your bike have the stk 125 carb or has it been upgraded to a 38MM? I was wondering because that jet is recommended for the 38mm carb off of 250's when put on 125's. I was curious if it's a good needle for 98 w/stk 36mm carb.

Top Bottom