dirtbikr99

Nov 21, 2002
Well I finally got another bike, I had a 02 cr125 mod for a bike but it was stolen. I saved up all summer and as of yesterday i had 2500 bucks, I was going to buy a 03 yz 125 for 2 grand it was a great deal but it never worked out. I saw a 97 cr125 for sale I was to take a look at it and ended up buying it. I paid 960 bucks for it. I figure it was a good deal and i was either going to ride it till the winter then sell it or give it to my brother, he wants to start riding.As with any 10 year old bike its not wise to put to much money into it. So far it needs new back wear bearings linkage and or swingarm bearings few bolts here and there. I think i'm just going to disasemble the whole bike and regrease everything and repaint the frame. Do you guys think I got a good deal or should i have waited till I had more money for a newer bike. I do race but I think I will just wait till the next season starts and when i get a newer bike. Also I just had a few questions, does anyone have any tips on repainting a frame and is powercoating overly expencive. Also the pipe has a dent in it, will my old stock pipe from a 02 cr125 fit and will it give it more power or less? Also I have a full top end for my 02 cr 125 will that be more powerfull then the 96 top end that is on the bike right now? Also I'm not sure if i should have put this in the for sale section, does anyone have a big bore top end they would like to sell me for this bike?
I'm just so excited to be back riding again
Thanks for your help
Andrew Puco

dirtbikr99

Nov 21, 2002
Also the guy said it was a 97 at first but the 97 have alluminum frames this as the metal, the vin is JHJE0108TM700468 is there anyway to check to see what year it is? I think its a 1996
thanks
Andrew Puco

Mike R.

May 1, 2004
No need to check

1998 was the first year for the Aluminum frame CR 125 and 1997 was the first year for Aluminum for the CR 250.
Its a 1997 :nod:

viking20

Sponsoring Member
Aug 11, 2002
The 125 had the alu frame in -98. The powervalve linkage is different , so the cyl wont fit your bike . The exhaust wont fit either.
Enjoy your new bike!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom