Cracked Case Around Drain Plug.

dave186

Sponsoring Member
Nov 19, 2001
Yah, thats way to close to that gasket to weld it, it would be gone before you even got it hot enough to melt the alum. JB Weld is your friend!!! :aj:

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Looks Great! Lou. And alot less elbow grease than my idea.......Sweet!

B

biglou

It Lives! Man, we got the engine in and everything ready to go in one hour. This is getting too easy! Too much practice at it lately! I showed him the repair, tightened the new plug for him :D and we slapped her together. She's been sitting for over an hour now with nary a sign of a drip, drop or leak. Thanks for all the help and suggestions. Now it's off to stink up the 250 Begginner class this Saturday night. This should be interesting since he's only ridden two laps since the broken ankles and we are going to race at the place that he broke them! :eek:
Thanks again everyone. :)

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
sounds like it will work! jr's 86 kx80 had cracked case also, being this was a low budget bike I just smeared some silcone adhesive on it. it held good enough so he could ride. for the drain plug I remember seeing at a parts some where? (murray's) but the have drain plug repair kits (for cars) but there metric too. good luck

Last edited:

Top Bottom