Cranberry Lake Hare Scramble, Anyone?

endoquest

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 4, 2000
I couldn't get there last weekend, did anyone race the Cranberry Lake HS? Are there any NMA racers on DRN?

Hondaxrguy

May 17, 2001
It was my first offroad race. I loved the course, but unfortunatly, it wasn't my day. My bike wouldn't start for the dead engine start, then I crashed in the MX section when I landed on the back of 2 other riders bikes coming over a blind jump. There was nobody with a flag there so I almost got landed on as well. After I got the bike started, I was about 5 minutes behind, and then 2 miles in, I broke my clutch lever. Not sure how, as I didn't do it during a crash. So, I had to ride the other 3 miles of the loop without it. DNFed my first race. I'll do better next time, I hope. Can't do much worse.:scream:

Jeremy

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Hey, you did fine! At least you weren’t all screwed up like I was after my last race! Besides, that was a weird race. All one line, Steve said. A lot of people crashed, too, including Steve. :(

Hondaxrguy

May 17, 2001
It was one lined through the woods. People had to pull over to let me by. The grass track was AWESOME! I was passing paople left and right. Well, till the clutch lever broke. So how is Steve's knee anyways?

Jeremy

endoquest

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 4, 2000
How was the course? Was it only five miles? Was it dusty? Did the River City M/C do a good job? Did the course get beat up as the day wore on? How many miles was the expert race? How long did it last? Who won? Why were there so many crashes? Is it held on private property? Did you have to change goggles/roll-offs alot? Did you get blisters? What was pit row like? Did you run a new set of tires? Were NMA number plates required? Was there a sound test and spark arrester requirement? Inquiring minds want to know.
FC22: Write up in MSN?
XRguy: Better luck next time, keep racing.

Hondaxrguy

May 17, 2001
Well, I'll do the best I can to answer your questions.

The course was probably half grass track, and half tight woods. The loop was 5 miles. Beginner course (the one I entered) was 1.5 hrs long. I believe the Expert class raced the exact same layout, but I didn't get to see. Can't say if the River City M/C did a good job as this was the first offroad race I've attended. I imagine the course got really nasty as the day went on. In my 1 lap experience, there were already some fairly deep ruts, and the entire area was soft dirt. Don't know who won. The wife didn't want to stick around. It was held on privat property. I needed a goggle change after the first .25 miles as I got roosted really bad with mud. But, all I could do was wipe my goggles with my gloves. My tearoffs were being held hostage by a friend. Didn't have new tires. Didn't get blisters. They gave us numbers to use. There was a sound check, and spark arrestors were required.
Hope that helps.

Jeremy

Bonehead

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 15, 2001
cranberry lake

Hey endow if you wernt so buisy working on your windows you would have been hear to see for yourself let's see how menny races have I gone to in OR.
Dam and you could of stayed at my house and only had a 20 mile drive to the race

See you in tillamook friday night !!!!!!!!!!!!!!::scream:

endoquest

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 4, 2000
Wow XRguy, I didn't expect all those answers, Thanks! It looks like you've already learned a few things about racing off-road. I wish I could have gone and met you guys but, since the races were so short, I'm glad I stayed home and had a productive day. Bonehead, you're one in a million, keep it that way! Pleez!
P.S. Bonehead: Still looking for a few more victims for the Till-u-puke, any bites?

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
We didn't stick around very long either. Steve crashed on his 2nd lap and tore his ACL so we went home after that. Now Firecracker and Steve are both out for the season! I know where you can get a great deal on a couple used RMs . . .

No, no write up for MSN. I wasn't there very long. I suppose I could, though, after all--CJ was there taking pictures.

Hondaxrguy

May 17, 2001
Fc22, speaking of pictures, have you developed and/or scanned the pictures from our ride? I'd be interested to see them, and that's the only picture of me on my bike. I need to get some of me, but it's hard when I ride by myself.:confused:

Jeremy

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Oh, I had forgotten about those. They are still in my tool pack. I will get them tomorrow, maybe, and drop them off.

Top Bottom