Mudd Slinger

N. Texas SP
May 5, 2004
We went up to the Cross Bar Ranch since Munster was closed this weekend. There was not much there on the south end but a twisting loop through the cedar trees but the North trail was pretty good. It reminded me of Talimena without as many rocks but it still had it share. Not as many big loose rocks. The trail was all marked out by some Oakie Trail Riders group. I really liked the trails. It was well marked but it looked like something was eating the markers and flags. Theres was some tight single track through some hardwood with some mud and smaller creek crossings. That was about 20% of the trail and the rest was quad wide with lots of elevation changes and some pretty technicial riding. It took several hours to ride the North loop. The south loops were less than an hours ride. I will go back.

There were plenty of unmarked trails asking to be explored but it was getting late so we did not want to stray too far not knowing the area. SOmebody needs to use a GPS and put out some good maps.

They need some camping area improvements but they said that Turner Falls was pretty close with some nice camping areas. The guy also said camping area improvements were being planned.

Last edited:

yarbonwick

Sponsoring Member
Mar 7, 2000
Hey MS we were there too on Saturday. Parked at the parking area with three trucks: bed Silverado, blue GMC and my grey Silverado. Hope that wasn't you that got their truck keyed. We came back from the North loop to find the police on property because arsewipe keyed a guys truck. Really weird they only keyed his. The place has lots of potential. Brad said the City of Davis was about to invest $330,000 in the place. They had a little camping area that we "accidently" ventured into but definitely good potential there.

Mudd Slinger

N. Texas SP
May 5, 2004
I never seen the Police there. I was thinking that this happen the weekend after I was there I was there on the 14th. We were out ot the trails most of the time anyways so I would have missed all the action. My SUV was not touched.

I an trying to get another trip going up there. My family keeps going up with things that reproiritize my riding time (car problems, breaking things, etc). I was invited on a gulf fishing trip also. I will try again the next couple of weekends it anyone is interested. How about next weekend. I got alot done this past weekend.

yarbonwick

Sponsoring Member
Mar 7, 2000
Ugh, I'm sorry I didn't read the post-date. I was there on the 28th. Unfortunately I have to work this weekend. :( Was a nice change of scenery though.

Top Bottom