jstltreat

Nov 13, 2004
Hi all, I have a 1997 rm 125 and I just installed a new piston and ring. Just one question. On the side of cylinder (right side) you have to take a civer off to get to the other nut to remove the cylinder. Just forward of the nut is a hole that leads to the clutch side of engine case that has a rod that is in there but is loose. It isnt attached to anything on the cylinder. What exactly is this and what is it supposed to hook to. Once I removed the cylinder it dropped down into the side cover. Any ideas. This rod is very small and has a couple bends in it and then is horizontal at the top. Thanks for the help in advance. Steve

Studboy

Thinks he can ride
Dec 2, 2001
It sounds like the powervalve linkage... and yes, you need to hook it up to the cylinder.

NacNac250F

Apr 15, 2003
That rod operates your power valve in the exhaust port. It MUST be connected or else you bike will have NO mid to top and will run like crap on mid to top. It connects to a lever in the top of underneath the cover. After you click on the link, under suzuki click on dirtbikes, pick the year, then a list will come up and click on RM125 under Moto cross, There will be a list of parts of the bike and click on Exhaust Valve Assembly http://www.rivayamaha.com/parts_finder.shtml

The diagram will show you how it goes together.

Top Bottom