Smit-Dog said:
Then you must still be at the bar...
cheers.gif

----pulling someones chain.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Attached are the rule changes that were passed and submitted at the D-14 sanctioning meeting.

Highlights:
  • Super Senior split into A/B classes
  • 4-Stroke classes eliminated
  • 1st place will receive 25 points instead of 26.
  • A rider representative, appointed by the Enduro Chairman, will be allowed 1 vote at future sanctioning meetings. Clubs will be allowed 1 vote per event hosted.
  • Reserved rows (#21-#35) for AA riders will only be in effect at events that are strictly D-14 events. In other words, at multi-district events, AA will not have rows reserved for them.
  • The reserving of a row can only be done if the entry fee is paid.
  • The ratio of dropped events has been modified (primarily to account for the possibility of multiple 2-day events).
  • The requirements for earning worker points has been further defined.
It was my first meeting, but I thought it went well. There were a lot of good ideas discussed, along with some thoughts on how to best transition other changes over the next couple seasons.

Attachments

• 2007_D-14_Enduro_Rule_Changes.pdf
    14.8 KB · Views: 115

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Thanks to all those that made the meeting and made the riders presence known. I had planned on going but the healing fvrom surgery is positive but slow. Plus I had an MRI this morning on my knee so I needed to be around for that.

Thanks
Fred

INCA

~SPONSOR~
Sep 1, 2003
As I see it, the results of the meeting are positive. I also hope the changes help to increase the attendence. The brightest side is that in 2000 there was the possibility there would be no more enduros due to the land issues. As the song says - what a difference a day makes. Credit and thanks to all who participated in getting this accomplished.

Young Ted

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Smit-Dog said:
Was the surgery on your knee, or something else? Didn't know you were going under the knife...

I don't know the amount of damage to the knee so I don't know the extent of the repair, I'm hoping for arthoscopic surgery. I hurt it at the Harrison national. DW and I were sitting around with ice packs on our knees after that race. :whoa: I had prostate surgery 2 weeks ago and that will take 6-8 weeks to heal. So I'm a couch potato right now.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Good luck on your recuperation Fred.... Between all the new knees, noses, and thumbs, there will be a lot of guys sportin' more than BNG in '07.

EnduroRdr

Nov 28, 2007
UP Magoo said:
With more Enduros changing to the "restart format," I think that drawing a row by lottery will add back the "unknown" element to the game. I, for one, really enjoyed the aspect of Enduro that made you think (that'd be TIMEKEEPING, kids), and liked the game between the rider and the promoter about creative check placement. That always led to some fun discussions! To paraphrase a somewhat famous quote about winning enduros: "It's not always the fastest rider that wins, sometimes it's the smartest rider that wins."
:cool:
I agree with you, The things I most like about enduros:
Riding with my buddies on same row (yes with them) we sort out the pecking order (faster one to the front) and when we can we stay in sight. Then when it gets tight we turn it up a notch and spread out.
I enjoy the game of finding checks while trying to stay in my minute.
If it were all about the fasted rider then I would ride more Hare Scrambles. I don't like the idea of no penalty for being hot. Riding like a bat out of hell just to wait at the next check to restart just doesn't seem right. That my 2 cents. I'm hoping most clubs will hold onto the Time Keeping formats for a while longer.

Top Bottom