fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
At the AA level 5 to 10 seconds makes the difference between a good day and a great day! A 10 row difference could provide an advantage.

I am not sure if I understand your final paragraph. No AA riders on the same minute? Start at 21 and go to 40 or 45 - if necessary?

I can see a club reserving on number from 21 -45 for the AA riders with no assignments required.

sanford

Apr 9, 2002
If I could put my two cents in about the AA numbers. I think you brought up a good point. If the enduros were only Michigan AA riders, I'm not sure we need to change the rule. However, two to three districts added to the mix, it would be nice to give the AA riders the same opporunity to "roam" around with numbers as other districts. I have talked with a couple AA guys and they have commneted that it might be nice to ride with a fellow AA rider/friend if they chooose to do so. I realize nothing is perfect, yet it doesn't refrain d14 AA's from moving around to ride different #'s.

I DO like to idea of having the rule in place for Michigan events only. I would like to see the rule stated as this:

All district 14 AA riders will ride their respective numbers beginning with 21-32 for ONLY Michigan enduros. If other AA riders (from Michigan or other states) signs up, that rider will take the number of a D14 AA rider that is not in attendance beginning with the first # available. Once all numbers are filled, THEN fill number 33 and so on. AGAIN, this is only for Michigan enduros.

This eliminates the rule for D14 riders to ride assgned rows in other states and allow D14 AA guys to ride on the same number if they are in those other states.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
With LMC finally agreeing to sanction our events as D15, I am not sure if we have any Michigan?D14 only events. I guess I view a Michigan only as NOT having multiple districts involved. Others may have a different view.

sanford

Apr 9, 2002
The rule should work fine if it is a D14 only or a D14/D15 event. Assuming that all Michigan events are D15 sanctioned as well, when AA riders from D15 show up they will be given any slot from 21-32 that is open. Then start fillling rows 33, 34, etc.

It would be a bit difficult to monitor for Indiana enduros, so this rule would only effect Michigan enduros. This really effects the LMC and The Buzzard Crew for the most part. I wouldn't consider the Loose Moose part of the rule considering they are technically part of Wisconsin's district.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Hey guys....

Attached is a document I put together based on Ted's work and efforts in consolidating and documenting all the various rule changes that have been discussed.

Let me know what feedback (corrections, changes, additions) you have (if any) on the document as soon as possible, and I'll bring copies to distribute at the 4:30pm meeting.

Thanks...

Attachments

• Proposed_Changes_2007_ D-14_Enduro_2006_11_10.pdf
    49.6 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
I would like to thank everyone who was able to make the meeting before the banquet (especially INCA and Smitdog who did a lot of prep time). I think we had some good discussion. We may have spent too much time on one topic, buy that happens at some brainstorming sessions. We ran out of time, but most of the major topics were discussed.
I would encourage all riders to attend the sanctioning meeting on December 2nd. Any rule changes for this year will be determined by the clubs, but I think it would be good to have rider input. I know that Tom Dunn wants to amend the voting rule and allow rider input on future rules changes.

INCA

~SPONSOR~
Sep 1, 2003
Just trying to put back for all that I've received over the years.

Young Ted

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Just paying it forward...

F&S / Tdunn: What is the timeframe that I should plan on attending for 12/2? According to the tentative schedule, it looks like 1pm-3pm for the division meeting, and 8pm for the actual vote. Is the 8pm meeting where rule changes are voted upon, or is the division meeting at 1pm where this occurs? The good wife has a party planned for Saturday night, and I just need to tell her when I'll be there...

And is the assumption that any proposed rule changes for 2007 cannot be voted upon by riders? Rather, a rule change approved by the clubs this year may allow riders a vote beginning with the 2008 season? Would it be possible to have the rider vote proposal be the first one reviewed, and if passed, then allow riders voting input on the rest of the rule proposals?

I'll post a revised proposal document this weekend incorporating feedback / consensus from the banquet meeting...

Thanks...

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Bill,
I plan to get there at noon. The division meeting from 1-3 is when the schedule will be established and rules will be voted on. The hare scramble and enduro division meetings are actually next door to each - temporary wall with a door. We have people who move back and forth between the meetings.
The meeting at 8:00 is the district meeting. I have never attended that meeting and plan to let Tom represent the enduro riders.
I think the rider input is very important, but any changes for 2007 will be voted on by the clubs.
We are working with neighboring districts (15, 16 and 17) to have some discussion on classes (including the AA class) and other rules changes. We need to establish some common rules with the number of dual and tri-district events.

2TrakR

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2002
I had emailed the contact (Ryan Holliday) listed on the AMA website to verify this not too long ago and the response was pretty vague ("what's on the website is correct"). Now I'm concerned (& confused).
I'm not in D-14, so don't get their paper. Hmmm.
Anyone know who I should call to verify this one?

2TrakR

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2002
Mike, are you saying this is not the most exciting workshop going? They told me, when I signed up, there would be strippers! What's going on here?! Man, the guys are going to be bummed..

Maybe they said stickers?

bbarel

Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 13, 2003
fatherandson said:
I would encourage all riders to attend the sanctioning meeting on December 2nd. Any rule changes for this year will be determined by the clubs, but I think it would be good to have rider input. I know that Tom Dunn wants to amend the voting rule and allow rider input on future rules changes.
I think that would be a great change to encourage rider participation in the decision making process. Hard sell for people to drive a long ways and burn a Saturday if they can't even vote.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
2TrakR said:
Mike, are you saying this is not the most exciting workshop going? They told me, when I signed up, there would be strippers! What's going on here?! Man, the guys are going to be bummed..

Maybe they said stickers?

More likely to find stickers at these meetings. Have fun.

INCA

~SPONSOR~
Sep 1, 2003
I also attended that workshop two years ago. You get a booklet that explains everything, which boils down to common sense. Having your name on the attendence list means you should know what you are doing when you put on an event.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Attached are updates to the proposed rules document that incorporate rider feedback and consensus from the meeting held at the banquet. One shows all revisions marked up red, the other is the final without markup.

There was a lot of discussion going on, and I tried to capture what I thought was the general consensus where possible. Please review, and let me know if I missed anything or misinterpreted some of the discussion.

Please forward this on to anyone that may have an interest.

Attachments

• Proposed_Changes_2007_ D-14_Enduro_2006_12_01_Revisons.pdf
    70.6 KB · Views: 93
  • Proposed_Changes_2007_ D-14_Enduro_2006_12_02_Final.pdf
    63.7 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
Sport classes?..I guess I was still at the bar when that was suggested. I think there is enough classes to choose from and fit in already with out adding ABC sport classes!

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Then you must still be at the bar...
cheers.gif

The consensus was to minimize class changes for '07, possibly removing only the 4-stroke classes, and split the SS into A/B classes.

The Sport Class was only a suggestion as part of proposal 1-A, which encompassed removing all classes based on engine type/size, and only have age-based classes.

Top Bottom