tdunn976

Aug 23, 2003
D14 Enduro Division is looking into the purchase of the transponder system from the NEPG to be used in all D14 Enduros.
Looking for thoughts concerns and comments.

A few points of interest already addressed;
1. Yes it can do traditional "Time Keeping" Events
2. Will increase the series per event cost $ 5.00 or less.
3. Will use SAME transponders already in use with the Harescambles division.
4. A team of dedicated professionals has agreed to the time commitment to provide event scoring
5.D14 Executive Board is on board.
6. Club's support.

Lot's of other questions I'm sure.
Let the games begin

bruno670

Sep 13, 2006
Club support? I was never asked this question.
I will not use this system at my enduro! This year we had 100 riders attend and at the current $45 signup fee we will be losing money using this new system. I feel that adding $5 to the cost of signup we will probably loose riders. So for our event it isn't cost effective.
I have been pushed to run restart format, saying that we will get more riders. We are limited on the amout of land that we can use. Putting 150+ riders through the land that we currently have would all but destroy the property. We are limited to the variations of trail changes so we must use the small sections that we are currently using. Brian and I have discussed this at great lengths and we both agree that timekeeping is the only way to be able to put on a fun enduro and keep the land in good shape for years to come. If we are forced to use the suggested system or run restart format, then that leaves one more enduro off the schedule. I have been told by my land owners that I can do whatever I would like with their property that they have. All because I take care of the property in the manner that they like by not letting it get rutted out. Restart does not give me that control, and raising the entry fee to pay for the transponders forces me to run restart, so that we don't run in the red.
So transponders will not be used for the Knucklebuster Enduro. If I am required to use them then this year is the last enduro that I will be able to run.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
In talking to the riders and the clubs, there is not 100% support of the transponder system. We are still collecting feedback and welcome all opinions.
This system has been used on timekeeping events and the clubs will continue to have the option on which format they want to use.

09oneL

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 7, 2008
You guys should look at the Kiosk sign up system. It is really nice for both rider and club/promotor.

Rivard809

Oct 8, 2009
09oneL said:
You guys should look at the Kiosk sign up system. It is really nice for both rider and club/promotor.

AMEN! When I go to Mx races I walk up to a computer, swipe my ama card and tap a couple buttons on the screen and *presto* im signed up in less that 30 seconds. Its a pretty slick system.... but its probabally more cost effective for a situation like Red Bud, and maybe not so much for Enduros

Top Bottom