D17 Central Illinois Hare Scramble - 4/28/02

wfodbiker

Mar 27, 2001
This Sunday the Canton Motorcycle Club will be sponsoring a hare scramble in the Glasford area. So far we have a 4 mile loop laid out and all of it has been laid out with a Bayou 220 q**d. If we have time we will include another 1/2 mile section. This race will be nothing like the mudfest(survival race) we ran last August. It rained last night and we are expecting rain on Saturday, but we learned a valuable lesson last year and we laid out this course fully expecting it to rain. This means the trail is wide and rider friendly. We have experienced a dry spring, therefore, the rain should not be much of a factor, unless it rains during the race of course.

We are running the usual format:
50cc at 10:00
80cc at 10:30
Bikes at noon
Q**ds at 2:30

wfodbiker

Mar 27, 2001
This race will be located about 8 miles West of Glasford on Birds Corner Road. If you take Route 24 to Glasford you can pick up the arrows to the track. We will also arrow from Route 116 to the track.

Layton

~SPONSOR~
Aug 2, 2000
I had the impression that you were using the ground off Stone School Rd that Link sometimes has his off-road poker runs at. Am I wrong? :confused:

Coming from Moline, where on 116 would I pick up the arrows at??

Thanks.

wfodbiker

Mar 27, 2001
The race has been cancelled. I just got back from the track and had a lenghty discussion with the landowner. It has been raining since 7:45am, the creeks are almost out of their banks. Sorry, but mother nature has won this one.

Please spread the word to potential racers.

Top Bottom